cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch data in an Agentry project from an Oracle DB and SMP 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to get information from an Oracle database on a project in Agentry, but I am confused as to perform this test.

For one, check that you can define the backend in the SMP with the Oracle client installed for the tnsnames.

On the other side, and I think the best option is to use OData.

However, in the case of OData, I use the SMP Gateway Management 3.0 to connect to the database, which was successful.

Now I have the details of how to define the service that allows me to operate Agentry data using the Eclipse Connector Studio DSE and that allows me to generate the Steps required for transactions in Agentry.

When generating a service that uses the connection Gateway Management, the log sends an error in the method org.apache.olingo.odata2.api.edm.provider.EdmProvider.getSchemas ().

The log information is next:

An exception of type 'NullPointerException' occurred. |

2015 01 06 12:46:46#0-600#ERROR#com.sap.gateway.core.api.provider.model.CacheModelProvider##anonymous#http-bio-8083-exec-9###while trying to invoke the method org.apache.olingo.odata2.api.edm.provider.EdmProvider.getSchemas() of a null object loaded from field com.sap.gateway.core.ip.provider.model.CamelModelProvider.edmProvider of an object loaded from local variable 'this' java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method org.apache.olingo.odata2.api.edm.provider.EdmProvider.getSchemas() of a null object loaded from field com.sap.gateway.core.ip.provider.model.CamelModelProvider.edmProvider of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

I hope you can help me.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which method you go with is a matter of preference.  Certainly if all I am talking to is an Oracle database I would just directly connect to the database from Agentry and skip oData unless I already had oData services I was using for other applications and wanted to leverage.

Do you have the 64-bit Oracle client installed and setup on your machine to talk to the database already?   Do you know the tnsnames entry for your database connection you want to use along with the username / pwd to connect to the database?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SMP 3.0 installed on a Linux Server, but I have no installed an Oracle Client in that server.

So you recomend to install the Oracle Client to use the backend connection in SMP?

Regards

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, no matter what type of server (Windows or Linux) you will need an Oracle client on the server to connect to the backend.

I would start with the Oracle Instant Client for Linux and follow the Oracle installation instructions.

--Bill

Answers (0)