cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element category 21 for Overhead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While using costing sheet for calculating OH, can we use the values posted through settlement cost elements -21 as base to calculate overhead.

For example i have WBS settled with SCE 870001 (Type 21) with value 1000 and i want to calculate OH at 10$ on 1000 - 100$.

Yes i can re run ra later and settle it again.

So question is whether type 21 can be used as a base to calculate Overhead using costing sheet.

Regards

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am following this thread interestingly...My view is , OH calculation base is only includes CE cat which are participating in cost postings in CCtr level ...may be primary and secondary. But settlement CE is not used for cost posting to CCtr rather used for settle the cost to other object and these costs are already booked through primary CEs in the sender objects..

So system is doing rightly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I figured out that Catergory 21 in base is not an issue, if i post manual entry thru KB15N debit WBS with Cat 21 CE and run CJ44 after settlement it is calculating overhead but if the same SCE with Cat 21 is posted values in WBS (Business transaction KOAO) it is not considering for calculating OH.

SO i think the issue is the Business transaction KOAO is not considered for calculating OH not the Cost element Category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

i think you got the solution.

and that matches with the comment of Kamal that business transaction code determines if posting are considered or not in the calculation base (not the cost element).

Kind regards

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric...

Yes ,,what I told , you got it and system is always following conceptual logic only..

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

Please close the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Exit to get the Values posted in settlement to calculate oh. Closing the threadd

Thanks every one for their time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aravind,

Cost elements of every kind can be included in the calculation base for Overhead Costing sheets.

Also cost elements from cost category 21.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Base Z100 i have 2 Cost elements range one with Category 21 and another 1 it is calculating for 1 but not for 21 i tried with Category 43 also it is calculating but not only for 21.

I have value posted - settlement for the object which i am running in Cat 21. Any specific setting to be taken care ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aravind,

i do not know of any specific setting.

one reason might be that cost element of Type 21 in the calculation base and cost element used for the overhead settlement are the same.

If that is the case, try with a different cost element for the settlement.

Settlement rule is defined in the credit.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

For Credit - In Credit key i have defined CE from Cat 41

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

You have defined correct category for over head posting under credit key. However, in base you can define all cost element categories. You have to group them and assign that group for the base.

Regards,

Mukthar