cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread Type in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a simple question. I am wondering what is the definition of each "thread type" in the view Hana Administration\Performance\Thread. I skimmed through HANA administration guide and it is mentioned that this column is only relevant for SAP support.

The reason why I want to understand this information is because whenever I log into the HANA system (We have BW on HANA) there are 45 threads are opened under my id even if I am doing nothing in the system. These threads belong to 5 services and they are opened on each node. So you can imagine we have 9 nodes.

I am wondering if they consume memory in the system and how do I rationalize consumption of memory based on this thread if we have multiple idle users logged into the system.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SAP Note 2114710 („FAQ: SAP HANA Threads and Thread Samples”) which is a first starting point for a better understanding of thread types, thread methods and thread details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the high number of threads you can see for your user in the thread overview are caused by the thread overview collection itself. So they are only active for a very short time to collect and provide the thread overview to you. This short time frame also explains why you can see these threads only for your own user and not for others. This also means that you don't have to expect any negative consequence from it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This appears to be a builtin feature in HANA that shows each thread per node and per service with the CALLER column showing the source HANA node on which the actual HANA Studio connection is established

I have had the same question, when I notice multiple threads showing up under the Administration\Performance\Threads\ section under my user id

I have checked when my other team members login and they have the same behavior and most importantly these threads seem to be for that particular session so we cannot find such entries for other users from our Studio connection and they cannot view the threads under my user id in their session

I also noticed we have an option to hide HDBSTUDIO sessions and when I choose that I keep receiving an error as seen below

Do you have the same symptom?