cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW User and Enterprise User - Alias Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to do add an alias assignment to a SAP BW User (7.3) with an enterprise user on SAP BI 4.1 SP2 and I cannot find the enterprise user. Should this be possible?

I am am able to add a LDAP user to a SAP User so tried logging in as the LDAP user. Then I tried connecting to a BICs connection which had the setting SSO.

I got the following error - the items below in bold i have replaced to not show the sever details used at my client:

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: [[error.openSapBwBrowsingSessionFailed] 0] <<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><ConnectionString>

<Properties>

<Initial Catalog>CUBE</Initial Catalog>

<Language>en_US</Language>

<Data Source>SERVER</Data Source>

<Cube Type>Cube</Cube Type>

<SaveLanguage>true</SaveLanguage>

<Initial Cube>CUBE</Initial Cube>

<TargetProvider>SAPNETWEAVER7X</TargetProvider>

<NetworkLayer>SAPBW_BICS</NetworkLayer>

<Authentication Mode>2</Authentication Mode>

</Properties>

<ExtendedProperties>

<JCO_ASHOST>SERVER</JCO_ASHOST>

<SapLoginMode>0</SapLoginMode>

<JCO_R3NAME>SERVER ID</JCO_R3NAME>

<JCO_CLIENT>CLIENT</JCO_CLIENT>

<JCO_SYSNR>00</JCO_SYSNR>

<JCO_LANG>EN</JCO_LANG>

</ExtendedProperties>

</ConnectionString>>

I have not setup any further config between BI 4 and BW yet. i.e. SNC / STS but will plan to. Based on the fact i can run report successfully if I log in directly as a SAP User I would assume this should work?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

If logging in as an LDAP user you need SNC/STS (BICS is STS). Also enterprise accounts cannot be added as aliases to other accounts, they can only be created new.

-Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I havent setup STS/SNC as yet. I will try and see if this resolves the issue. Its just weird because if i log in directly as the BW user all works fine with SNC/STS but when I try and use an alias it does.

I will close this thread in the meantime and hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Cheers,

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

SNC/STS is not used at all when logging in as an SAP/BW user. Your stored credentials are passed to the data source in that scenario. When logging in as a non-SAP user then there are no credentials to use and since SNC/STS is not configured then the password-less option is not available either.

-Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

all working now with STS!

Answers (0)