cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solman integration with "ServiceNow"

Mofizur
Contributor

We are trying to integrate "ServiceNow" ticketing tool with SAP Solman.Can somebody share some documents/guide please.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahaman,

Here you can see a blog post about SAP - ServiceNow integration: http://sta-technologies.com/create-servicenow-incidents-from-sap/

Cheers,

Tamás

JMoskal
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, we are also attempting a lightweight integration between Solution Manager and ServiceNow. We are planning to simply send over updates from SolMan to SNow via PO, using a REST service with JSON. For now we are planning to just send limited Charm doc info to SNow after certain updates are complete.

The difficulty we are having is where to call the PO proxy.  The save-related BADI we have found thus far (IF_EX_ORDER_SAVE) seems to relate more to validation before a save, whereas we want to send data after the save is complete.  In the absence of a BADI I looked for configuration options, and found an "Edit Event Handler Table" transaction that allows configuring CRM event FMs on the various  transaction categories. This configuration can be accessed via SPRO -> Customer Relationship Management -> Transactions -> Basic Settings -> Edit Event Handler Table. I thought perhaps we could add a custom function module there on the BUS2000116 transaction, to be called after the Save FM (similar to the the config in IS-U FICA transaction FQEVENTS). However, so far it doesn't look like we can add a custom FM. 

I'm new to SolMan and CRM, so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm whether it is possible to add a custom FM there.  Advice on the best place to call the proxy would also be welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Did you find any document for this? we are in azure cloud and want to integrate servicenow in our solution manager.

Thanks!

Ranin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranin,

Have you checked the whitepaper API link in this thread?

When you want use a middleware with generating high licence costs, you can use this document to create an enhancement from the standard proxy functionalitly to create your own SOAB / https connector in Solution Manager.

Best Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Rahaman,

Integration between ServiceNow and SAP Solution Manager is possible using Informatica Cloud. For more info on ServiceNow connector, please visit -http://www.servicenowconnector.com.

For any further query, please reach at info(at)mansasys(dot)com.

Thanks,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mofizur, hello Stefan,

You can use a direct connection via SOAP WSDL.

Plese find the SAP specification in the fallowing docuement.

In this scenario, you do not need additional licenz cost for a middleware.

Only the one time development costs to create proxy / mapping.

Best Regards,

Philipp

former_member596917
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have the some topic here.

Any recommendations, guidelines, how-to.guides are very welcome.

Thanks & best regards.

Stefan

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

What is the middleware you are planning to use for integrating solman and SNOW

I don't think there is any direct integration option  available from solman->SNOW

Regards,

Murali

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Somewhere I read that we can integrate ServiceNow with other systems like SAP, Oracle ERP, Salesforce, Workday, Sharepoint, Jira, Microsoft TFS, and Remedy etc with prebuilt connectors that are available.

We are on AZURE platform.I am not sure about the middleware needs to be used here.Can you please give some brief idea?

Thanks,

Mofizur

former_member596917
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

currently we are in
evaluation phase. We are looking for an pre-build IDOC Adapter within SNOW.

If this is not possible the
idea is to go via IDOC-XML export (we have an SAP PO in place for external
interface integration) and send the XML to SNOW.

For the way back (SNOW toSolMan) same approach:

Preferred way: IDOC Adapter for Exporting date in SNOW.

If not available: Import Update-Date via XML and Mapping of data into SAP PO.

Best regards.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.