Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

wf container vs attribute

Good afternoon Experts,

Could you please assist me in finding a suitable solution for the following business case.

In CRM 7 ehp 2  a quotation approval workflow is needed.

Once a quotation is set for approval, the wf should check the quantity, price, and total value of the document against predefined thresholds maintained in a custom table. A responsible manager (local, regional or national) should be decided based on the comparison result.

So, the wf starts once an event is raised by changing the status to "to be approved" and the quantity, price, and total value of the quotation should be compared to the threshold values by using a condition step.
Could you please suggest how  I should approach the thresholds table .  Should it be a simple/multiline attribute ? Or should I pick the values and use them in container ? If  populating a container is the right answer could you please confirm if this is the right direction :

"Initializing a container

You must initialize a container before you use it. This deletes all entries in the internal table. Use the macro following macro instruction:

SWC_CREATE_CONTAINER <Container>.

"

Best regards

Razvan Zainea

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello,

You don't have to initialize any containers.

You could use a responsibility rule (AC.....) for this if it's relatively simple. If it's not, or if you must use a Z table, then create a method to determine the Approver. Have it copy the contents of the Z table to an internal table in normal ABAP and process it just as you would in ABAP, returning the userid of the Approver.

regards

Rick Bakker

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question