cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Service Management - Source List

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are exploring the potential of using External Services Management (ESM) to code, track, and manage our external service spend. One of the key needs for this system is the ability to develop a source list and do a comparative analysis of the services available from relevant vendors. Ideally, we want field personnel to be able to start purchase orders without a vendor and then be prompted to select from a source list for that activity/service, much like you can with materials. However, there does not seem to be any capability to do this in SAP.

From what I've seen experimenting in the SAP Sandbox and reading articles online, there is nothing in the system (like ML03) that will create a source list for a specific activity number based upon the price conditions. Is that correct? If so, how does one evaluate services in any meaningful way when it comes to understanding what vendors offer a particular service (and for what price) without having to search the price conditions each time?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

There can separate approach, First you never give right to field personals to create purchase orders. Let them create PR, then based on the contracts or info records they add vendor to list.

I can recommend use of contracts to finalize your prices for each activity type. Then let your field users create release order based by only selecting the required activities. We used rate contracts to meet same requirement in past.

Thanks,

Jagdeep

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a same kind of discussion

Here, you will find an alternative way as agreement to use the source of supply..

If you do not want to use service entry sheet , then you can use the material master with material type DIEN-Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Thank you for the quick reply and helpful information. That confirmed my fears.

Is there a separate reporting module that you know of where individuals could run a source list comparison manually? Or would that be something that would need to be customized/coded?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lee Carver wrote:

Is there a separate reporting module that you know of where individuals could run a source list comparison manually?

Not in my knowledge.

Or would that be something that would need to be customized/coded?

Customized /coded can do everything whatever is not possible in standard. A badi and user exit is just a coding. System will work as per your coding logic.