cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The secWindowsNT security plugin is not available. Please contact your system administrator for details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your help here.

We are at BOXI R2 SP5. with IIS ;Since Saturday we had been facing issues with Windows-NT plug-in in prod environment, as currently our XI R2 environment is setup with NT authentication.

I am getting error while logging in info-view  "The secWindowsNT security plugin is not available. Please contact your system administrator for details"

Initially "NT authentication is enabled" is ON(checked) but post above error whenever i am trying to un-check and check "NT authentication is enabled" check box under CMC --> authentication ; its not at all updating and finally ended up with page cannot be displayed error.

we do have "Default NT domain" as well as Mapped with NT members group

I did modified web.config file  Installation_Directory\Web Content\Enterprise115\InfoView to be of double check

<add key="authenticationDefault" value="secWindowsNT" />

but still i am not able to see changes reflected either in CMC web-console or got rid of plugin error.

I have gone through cases posted here but didn't find much information. Seeking some one has experienced the similar issue and have solution.

Thanks

Gopal K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Is the issue only on the prod environment?

I would suggest rebooting the CMS server, if that is an option, the environment being a prod environment.

Also, are you able to see users from different forests or just the default forest?

Regards.

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

Verify the users/groups exist. R2 had lots of issues with the NT plugin if the users/groups are not there. You can look in the event viewer or the cms logs to see if any errors are presented.

Stop using the NT plugin though either way and use the Windows AD one, I doubt you still have an NT domain.

-Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

I did check "Mapped NT member groups" local to server groups it exists with users.

I couldn't see any thing weird in CMS logs except below and found nothing in Event viewer logs

[Sun Jan 04 03:01:40 2015]35564676assert failure: (.\ODBCDatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:174). (SQL_SUCCEEDED( rc ) : no message).
[Sun Jan 04 03:01:40 2015]35564676assert failure: (.\ODBCDatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:6467). (0 : ).
[Sun Jan 04 03:01:40 2015]35564676assert failure: (.\dbq.cpp:1396). (0 : Database Access Failure. Too many retries, going to reinit database

).

I cannot go for winAD except winNT because we are using 4 domain users of different forests.

I am thinking of replacing secWindowsNT.dll (Installed_Directory\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\plugins\auth\secWindowsNT ) from working XI R2 SP5 environment

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Gopal K

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are only seeing assert messages you need to enable a deeper level of tracing on the CMS. The plugin should be reporting something there. R2 is very old and the issue is probably related to the "4 domain users of different forests" portion of your setup. Multi-domains/forests were not supported in R2 (regardless of plugin)

-Josh

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Since you are using IIS, have you checked is any MS Updates were applied.  BOE XI 3.1 w/SP5 is an older version, you may need to update to SP7 to stay current with MS Updates.

Also check the configuration of WEB.XML to validate your settings.

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Thanks for the response. i did check , there are no MS updates on server.

We are using BOXI R2 SP5 and IIS 6.0 ;  i have checked web.config but i didn't find web.xml.

Any thoughts?