Restrict posting to one depreciation area only
for legal purpose we need to post acquisition and depreciation only.
Currently we used 2 depreciation area:
- "1" is for local gaap postings (with GL= 1 'Area Posts in Realtime').
- "5" is for IFRS postings (with GL= 2 'Area Posts APC and Depreciation on Periodic Basis').
Usually both depreciation areas are fed with AFAB, but here for a new asset class we want to post only on depreciation area "5".
So far I have created:
- the new asset class (OAOA)
- the number range interval (AS08)
- specify the account determination, and account determination (AO90: only filled in dep area "5").
To test if this was ok I created/activated an new asset (several ways: in-house acquisition or external acquisition) but every time I launched the depreciation run AFAB I got an error message (AAPO191 and AAPO510).
Did you already have to post only on one depreciation area ? If yes what was your settings ?
Thanks in advance