Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection server and WebI Processing server failing in BO 4.0 CMC

former_member299338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have BO 4.0 installed recently in Linux server. After the installation it worked fine. All of a sudden Connection server and Webi Processing server started failing. I had a memory clean up and freed some space. Tried restarting the server and SIA. Updated the BOConfig.cfg file from the running BI 4.0 system assuming this file has been corrupted. I tried some other solution from the blogs posted but no luck.

Could you please help me out?

Thank you,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

Does the fail immediately or run for a bit and then fail?

If it's immediate, you may not capture anything in the WebI/CS logs, but you may see something  helpful in the CMS or your Linux system logs.

If it's not immediate, are you seeing any over usage of resources (Memory, CPU) prior to crashing?  Can you enable tracing next time you restart?

When they crash, review the logs just prior to the crash and see what errors are logged.  You may have default error logs now, but without full tracing, it would be difficult to know what was running prior to the crash that would lead you to the root cause.

Are any of your other BI servers failing?

I hope that helps,

Carly

former_member299338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carly,

Thanks for the reply. The connection server takes some time to Initialize, start and eventually fails. I checked the log file. Its a huge file. Following are small chunk of it. Dont know if I am looking in the right section of log message.

ServerInitialization::InitManager::Initialize

Unhandled exception raised during CS initialization

ServerInitialization::InitManager::Initialize: 0.001

The CS initialization failed within the CS server. Aborting

Not able to find the Web Intelligence Processing server log. Since I am new to the Server administration, may be I am not able to figure out the logs.

We have recently added 6 CPU's considering it with the memory issue. But this could not resolve our issue.

Thank you,

Chan

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

Yeah, that's not a lot of information other than showing it's going down right after it comes up.  I would recommend checking that you have sufficient drive space and temp space.

If they're crashing, you should also have core files.  Those can eat up a lot of space, so I'd recommend just keeping the most recent and then doing a core analysis on them to see if it'll give you more information on what's causing the crash.

Also take a look at your Linux server's system logs and see if there are any errors there.

If you login to the CMC, you can enable tracing there for your WebI and Connection Server.

I hope that helps!

Carly

former_member299338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carly,

Thanks for the reply. The issue got resolved. Since we had two installation running on the two different instance on same box, we had the common Boconfig.mutex file on the temp folder which should have the common permission to it. For some reason the permission was reverted. We gave the right permission to the file for both the environment and the problem was resolved. .

Thank you,

Chan

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, Chan!  I'm glad you were able to resolve it.