cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP WM from 6.0.22.0 to WM 6.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , I want to move SAP Syclo Workmanager from 6.0.22.0 to WM 6.1 . But still i want to run application to Agentry Platform only I don't want to move to SMP ? So , just wanted to know will WM 6.1 run with SMP 2.3 Standalone Agentry Server . can you provide more information on it ? Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

According to you can only run WM 6.1 on SMP 3.0 (which is the path SAP has chosen going forward for pretty much all the Agentry apps).  In other words, SMP is now the platform and the former Agentry Platform is now only for the older versions.  See http://scn.sap.com/thread/3619209 for more information.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael .... But still i can see SMP 2.3 in WM 6.1 available in SAP Service Market place . so , i just want to confirm will it work or not . and as per my knowledge , in SMP 2.3 Agentry standalone server is available . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wondered why you were asking.  I suspect that is an error, but not sure enough to make a firm answer.

I think I will leave it to Bill to answer as he is much closer to the developers than I am.

Cheers, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael  ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Work Manager 6.0 is built on SMP 2.3, but for Work Manager 6.1 and 6.2, SMP 3 is required. 

All new applications will be built on SMP 3 and they also use new functions in both the Agentry Side and Java Side from the SMP Server and can not run on Agentry 6.x or SMP 2.3.

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Steve mentions, Work Manager 6.1 is only supported on SMP 3.0.  While the Agentry standalone is available with SMP 2.3 it is only for development purposes and not supported for production use to my knowledge.  I would strongly recommend just going to SMP3.0 and skip SMP 2.3 when you upgrade from Agentry 6.0.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen , Bill , Ok , But now i have one more question like , How can i move custom developments from 6.0.22.0 to SMP 3.0 . Do i need to develop again or SMP will automatically take care . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the base application has changed it would need to be re-created in the new version.  There may be some items that will not need to be moved as they are not part of the base version.   There is no Easy way to move the changes one version of the application to the a later version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill , Stephen , Michael ... i will go with SMP 3.0  . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill / Stephen / Michael , When we upgrade from Agentry 6.0.X to 6.1 or 6.2 with SMP 3.0 . do we also need to upgrade SAP Agentry framework from back end side . can we use existing Agentry Framework ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below thread,

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2014/07/10/sap-work-manager-61 and ensure you are on Add-on released for WM6.1. If so upgrade not required.

Thanks

Resmi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Yes, you will need to upgrade your add on framework when you upgrade Work Manager.  Check the release notes for the version you are upgrading to and install accordingly.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill...

Answers (0)