cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC issues while upgrading PI 7.1-> 7.4 (Dual Stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a big Food Manufacturing Company and are beginning a project of PI upgrade very soon where we will be upgrading from PI 7.1.1 to PI 7.4 Dual Stack

We have a variety of Interfaces between SAP ECC and PI  which will be slowly migrated to PI 7.4 Dual Stack first and then later,we will decide upon   PI 7.4 Single Stack Conversion.

During the course of Upgrading we are facing the following issues :

a)  While converting  IDOC->PI and PI -> scenarios   what are the different steps to consider in ECC side , so  that the IDOCS in the current running interface can point to both SAP PI 7.1/1 Production and newly developed PI 7.4 Development box at the same time for Testing , before Cutover can happen

b) For Proxy-> PI and PI -> Proxy scenarios, what steps can be taken care in SAP ECC side , for the proxy to point to two PI integration servers at the same time , PI 7.1. Production and PI 7.4 (newly developed=)

c) Same for  RFC-> PI and PI -> RFC scenarios.- whast changes can be made?

Most importantly if we are not migrating our scenarios in ID part through Migration Toolkit, can you please suggest a document or How to -> for transporting the Integration scenarios/components in bulk or strategy for the same.

Please help  !

Regards

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

My few cents:

a)  While converting  IDOC->PI and PI -> scenarios   what are the different steps to consider in ECC side , so  that the IDOCS in the current running interface can point to both SAP PI 7.1/1 Production and newly developed PI 7.4 Development box at the same time for Testing , before Cutover can happen

>>> For 7.4 I believe you will setup IDOC_AAE and migrate the Existing Idocs to IDOC_AAE. You can refer the following guide for IDOC_AAE configs.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5050119d-9c47-3110-eab0-d90ebd211...

Inorder to route it to PI 7.1 or 7.4 you will map the corresponding Port in Partner Profile we20 to forward the IDOC either to Idoc or IDOC_AAE port. For Inbound there is no changes in PP required.

b) For Proxy-> PI and PI -> Proxy scenarios, what steps can be taken care in SAP ECC side , for the proxy to point to two PI integration servers at the same time , PI 7.1. Production and PI 7.4 (newly developed=)

>>> For Proxy in PI 7.4 you need to config SOAP over XI as mentioned in the following link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

You need to maintain the Sender IDs in SXMB_ADM of your ECC to forward it to either conventional IE or AAE URL. Refer the blog for details (pg 5&6)

Most importantly if we are not migrating our scenarios in ID part through Migration Toolkit, can you please suggest a document or How to -> for transporting the Integration scenarios/components in bulk or strategy for the same

>>> If you are not using Tools, you can do a .tpz file Export of your ESR and ID objects(from 7.1) and Import those in 7.4 manually using File Transport option.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar

That certainly helps !

However ,  since we are migrating to a Dual Stack in 7.4 would we be creating an IDOC_AAE ? as Nishant mentioned in his reply below

Also , Do we need to follow the similar approach as Proxies for RFC -> PI  scenarios as well - I believe we will be generating new Program ID's to be used in the new pI 7.4 boxes , but to generate those , what changes do we need to make on the ECC side ?

lastly ,  our SLD scenario is as folllows , we have 3 separate SLD's for our new 7.4 instances , i.e. separate SLD's for Dev, QA and Production 7.4 boxes - do you suggest

a) We do a manual export from PI 7.1 production to PI 7.4 Dev and follow the same for dev-> QA and QA-> Production for 7.4

b) or is there a faster way of synchronizing SLD's to have all the three SLD's reflect the current Production SLD

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

>>>>However ,  since we are migrating to a Dual Stack in 7.4 would we be creating an IDOC_AAE ?

It depends on the kind of scenarios that you are currently having. Ideally you should try to move to Single Stack inorder to achieve high performance and leverage the AEX features. If there is no dependency / usage of ABAP stack in your current setup then you can very well move to Java Only stack Configurations (as SAP is also moving / recommending Java Only stack going forward).

>>>Also , Do we need to follow the similar approach as Proxies for RFC -> PI  scenarios as well

Same as Abv

>>>a) We do a manual export from PI 7.1 production to PI 7.4 Dev and follow the same for dev

We used the same approach in migrating objects from Old PI to new PI box ( .tpz file Export / Import). For ID object Migration there is also a tool provided which you can use as shown below. You can select either of the options to achieve results based on your requirement.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0d7c7e4-af05-3110-f3a5-a6686fd3a...

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct me if I am wrong. In 7.4 that I have worked in, does not have a single stack. We do not have a SAP logon pad to look into Abap stack of PI 7.4. Does it depend on the initial installation to have a single or dual stack? Because in 7.31 I did see both Single and Dual stack config possible. However, in 7.4, I could only use single stack.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Yes, it depends on the Installation option that is selected / decided by the Business / client. Refer the following for details:

Installation Options - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

Basis has the option to go for Dual or Single stack Installation. Your 7.4 might be a Single Stack Installation, hence you are unable to logon or see the SAP Logon for ABAP stack.

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar

This tool converts the ID components from classical scenarios to ICO's which I dont want , is there a choice in the tool to convert from Classical to classical scenarios only using this tool and I am not sure if thhis will work from PI 7.1.1 to PI 7.4 Dual Stack as it says , the destination system should be Single stack.

2ndly,

you mentioned that you also migrated using Export Import,

Did you face any of the following issues :

a) CIM related errors, I believe the destination SLD CIM Model needs to be more than the source - we faved an error while transporting ID components.

b) Does the Export import in Bulk, mess up the CTS set up in any way ?

c) Are the Object id's / Guids of the object imported from Production to dev changed and can cause problems, in actual transports ??

Are there certain things to take into account before /after the export import is done ?

your few cents have proven to be valuable so far - so some more dimes will really be beneficial

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

AFAIK there is no such tool for Classical to Classical migration. In this case you can use the File Import/Export option (.tpz) for both ESR and ID objects.

You just need to ensure that you have the corresponding Business Systems / Components available in your ID prior to Import into New system ( dont recall if there were any CIM or GUID related errors, nor there were any CTS errors).

We did a phase wise migration wherein, initially the Simpler scenarios (1:1 mapping/ File Transfer) were upgraded & tested; followed later by Complex ones.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Azhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

For 1 and 3

Since you are not shifting to the single stack IDoc and RFC, there shouldn't be any need of making changes in 7.4. You can directly import the dump into 7.4 and work with it.

When you are moving to single stack configuration at that time you will require IDoc_AAE adapter instead of IDoc, configuration for which can be found online easily.

Note: In Inbound standard Idocs the constants like begin, etc should be mapped with 1. In earlier versions they can be mapped with any constant values.

Regards,

Nishant

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>what steps can be taken care in SAP ECC side , for the proxy to point to two PI integration servers at the same time , PI 7.1. Production and PI 7.4 (newly developed=)

Are you trying to connect ECC production system to PI production and PI development system in parallel? Why do you want to connect a production instance and development instance?

Azhar has already provided pointers and you can find lot of documents on SCN about IDOC_AAE/ Proxy using SOAP.