cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening new fiscal year in AJRW without closing last year in AJAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have seen a case where new fiscal year has been opened in AJRW without closing last year. Basically when i checked in table t093b, its showing 2013 as closed year while when I checked in table T093C, its showing current year as 2015.

Could you please advise how it is possible.

Regards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can have maximum 2 fiscal years opened at the same time for a company code in AA, using your example:

• End of 2013 (or early in 2014), fiscal year change (AJRW) was run for 2014 in order to "open" the fiscal year for AA but 2013 was not yet closed (last closed fiscal year being normally 2012) so both 2013 and 2014 are opened
  • When you close 2013 (normally during the first quarter of 2014) you run the year-end closing for 2013 so 2014 is the only open fiscal year.
  • If you do not close 2013 properly (i.e. you did not run the program without error in a productive run), the system will not allow you to open 2015 (AJRW).

--> The scenario you describe is perfectly normal

Hope it clarify the things

Regards

Th.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply.

I found it futher that year 2014 has not been closed due to some year in closing process in AJAB.

If we could not close 2014 in fixed asset accounting due to some error, can it create problem while closing year 2015 later on.

Please suggest.

Regards

Deepak

0 Kudos

@ thomas.vanaken2 Hi Thomas,

Understand that AJRW is possible before AJAB. Doing AJRW first meaning that transaction is not closed for last year. After transaction is remains open for last year, for not doing AJAB, how those transactions to be carried forward to current year? by doing CJCF and CJCO?

Can i carry forward the commitment of WBS after 15 days of New year opening?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Not closing 2014 properly (AJAB) will result in the system not allowing you to run the fiscal year change for 2016 (AJRW) meaning that you will not be able to do asset transactions in 2016 even before you will have to worry about closing 2015...

Run the year-end closing program for 2014 in test mode first and see in the log what are the errors that prevent the system to close properly (they can be many reasons).

Good luck;

Th.