cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI: Multiple reference to same purchase order item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented the OSS Note 1090663 in order to solve the error: Multiple reference to the same purchase order item, but  this note not include also  the cases when the filed WEBRE (goods receipt-relevant invoice verification) is active.

Could you please tell me if  there  is another OSS Note  to cover also this case (WEBRE=X)?

Waiting your reply.

Thanks'!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is an invoice coming from your own SD module in case of intercompany business, then you may want to follow the workaround given in OSS note 103051 - EDI: Multiple reference to same purchase order item

What is the reason that you have the same item referenced multiple times in GR based invoice verification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OSS note that you have given to me doesn't help me, because I will be in the same situation, now it's not working when I have WEBRE active  and with the OSS note given will not work if I have WEBRE inactive.

The error is coming  when the delivery  note has 2 or more items referring to the same item  of a sales order  and after I have implemented  the OSS note 1090663  the error "Document contains  same order item more than once" is coming when I have the field WEBRE active (with flag) in the PO at item level.

Like a solution would be to not use this field anymore in the vendor master data or in the info record, the cases when this field (WEBRE) is active is hardly ever, but I suppose that exist another OSS note which includes also this case.

Thank you, for your reply.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't you have access to the SAP Marketplace yourself to search for notes? service.sap.com/notes is the address

1090663 is a workaround in without GR based invoice verification

103051 explains the design with GR based invoice verification and a workaround in case of inter company

So the only gap that I see is an invoice from a third party having several items referencing the same PO item.

You did not answer the question: What is the reason that you have the same item referenced multiple times in GR based invoice verification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is coming when the delivery note has 2 or more items  referring  to the same item of  a sales order.

Referring  to the OSS note 103051 which basically contains a set of 301 OSS notes, I cannot really install all the package.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note is not a technical note, it is a consulting note (need to be implemented mentally) with an advice to do some customizing in SD billing that allows you to bill at main item instead of sub-items.

carla_bussolo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

The cause of message M8321 'Document contains same order item more than once' is in the process, and the SAP Note 103051 has explained the reason and how to avoid it:
"...
In this case, the only solution is to deactivate the billing of the
batch sub-items in SD Customizing and to calculate the main item only.
..."

Based on the standard concept of MM-invoice EDI-process, system can't process the IDOC. In this case the best solution is to deactivate the billing of the batch sub-items in SD Customizing.

If you would not accept the solution, you can consider the following solution:
You can try to change the IDOC structure within MM-invoice EDI-process using user-exit FM EXIT_SAPLMRMH_011 to summarize/merge these IDOC segment's data for 2 or more invoice's items as for one invoice item, which refer to same PO/item and have same delivery note.

Regards,
Carla Bussolo