cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ710 : Automatic Transfer to Proj Def is deactivated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to PS module, and I want to understand what does this message indicate?  i.e CJ710 : Automatic Transfer to Proj Def is deactivated

I am getting this message  in CJ91. After getting this message, the system allows me to proceed further but the check box of "tnsfr to proj def" is greyed out. Can someone suggest how can this be activated? I need this check bot to be activated as I want my PD name to be same as WBS.

Please suggest

Thanks

Regards,

DDP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This indicator comes from the project profile:

SAP help is saying:

Via this indicator you determine that when you create new WBS elements, a project definition
with the same name is also created.

When you change WBS elements, these changes are also transferred into the
project definition.

BR,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your response

Yes, it is coming from project profile. But in CJ91 it is greyed out and also "unchecked"  (even though it is checked in project profile"

Any ideas on why is it greyed out ?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think this process is relevant for CJ91.  When you create a standard WBS in CJ91 transaction you always start with the Project Definition on the first screen.  The transfer process is relevant for normal WBS-elements, not for templates.  It is bit misleading on terminology, standard WBS is a Project template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok! So what should i do if i need PD same as WBS. Which settings needs to be done?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhwni

Only the flag that we have discussed already.  Next use CJ11 to create WBS, and the system will create both WBS and the Project definition.

I'd say it is a kind of atavism for "simple" projects or for something generated through the interface, like from CRM campaigns.

BR,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

In my case , we are using assembly processing and the project gets created automatically when material is added in the sales order.

Example: when material 88 is added  as line item 10 in sales document, project CHG-XXX gets created and master WBS CHG-XXX-10 gets created. If i add another material 88 as line item 20, one more master WBS gets created i.e. CHG-XXX-20 within the same project CHG-XXX.

Now my requirement is, when the material 88 is added in sales document as line item 20, a new project should get created. It should'nt create a master WBS in same project. I want independent project for each line item added in sales document (Material number can be same)

Do you have any suggestions for this ?

Appreciate your quick response

Thanks

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

It looks like something hard coded rather configurable.  Maybe you should approach it from the process side and have different sales orders instead.  What is the benefit of having many projects related with one sales order?

Thanks

Answers (0)