cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File xxxxxx.rpt not found on File Repository Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

for one report scheduled on the CMC I am getting always this error: File xxxxxx.rpt not found on File Repository Server.

The funny things is that if I rerun the report in the CMC this report is correctly sent with no errors.

Have you kindly got any clue about this problem? I tried to overwrote in past but without solving the problem.

Thank you in advance

Luca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

• Do you mean that you have to schedule the SAME report a 2nd time to not get the error?
  • In the physical location of that .rpt file, do you see that the report/file exists?
  • Is this behavior for all BO users? Including the Enterprise Administrator account?
  • What is the exact BO patch level?
  • Is the Filestore on a shared location? Or on the same server as BO?
  • Is this happening with reports which were migrated?
  • Is the behavior reproduced using the "sample reports"?

Try the below KBAs:

1911690 - Report schedules fail intermittently with error "File xxx.rpt not found on file repository...

1724745 - Existing recurring schedules are failing after migrating Crystal reports to SAP BusinessOb...

-Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharta,

thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry but I am a bit newbie, anyway this behavior happen only for this report and yes I have to use the option "Run now" to don't get again the error, I tried before as a test to reschedule and work correctly but this error always happen since 2 month (the report run on a monthly basis)

The file exist actually and not migration happened.

I am struggling to understand your second and 4th/5th bullets though. How can I check it?

Other thing: the first document you posted 1911690 seems interesting but I cannot open. How can i have the authentication to read it?

Thanks

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

To access the KBAs you would need to have a valid s-user authentication / access to the Support Portal: https://service.sap.com/.

Or launch xSearch and enter the KBA number: http://service.sap.com/xsearch

To check the BO version, you can find it in the "Add/Remove Programs" window in Control Panel.

Or Go to CMC-> Help -> About.

For filestore, check the properties of the Input File Repository Server, you should find the PATH of the Filestore directory. If it is the same server it would appear something like: "C:\Program Files.......".

If it is on a shared location, it would appear something like "\\sharedhost\...".

-Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharta,

thanks again. the BO Version is the 14.1.4.1327 and the filestore for what I understood is in the same server because the path is

frs://Input/a_159/------/x-guid[xxxxxx].rpt

Unfortunately not lucky to access the marketplace. Seems my email is not associated with the product i entered cause there is a mismatch with the product code and my email even though i am registered in the Business Intelligence website of SAP and as well here succesfully.

Anyway I will dig more to find out what are the origin of this problem, maybe deleting the file and uploading a new one.

Thanks again, much appreciated

Luca

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to CMC -> Folders, and locate this problem crystal report with "File not found on File Repository Server". Right click on this problem report and choose "Refresh Options" from popup menu. Check "Use Object Repository when refreshing report" if uncheck, then, "Update" and "Refresh report" Hope this helps, Jin-Chong

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

thank you very much for the support you gave me, I much appreciated it.

I have tested in these last two days the scheduling report and it seems now it works.

The reason can be due to the antivirus update/scanning of the company where I work. I have tried to schedule in a time where this not occur and the report were successfully scheduled. This report may have been scheduled in past in a time where the antivirus update/scanning did occur and no other report where scheduled in that time.

Anyway I tried the option suggest to me by JinChong Tsai and indeed this option exist, I scheduled again the report after the refreshing and everything work smoothly.

I noticed, though, even an option while I was saving the report which could be handy: is a checkbox named "Enable Repository Refresh" located in the pop up window "Save As" when selecting the Enterprise Server as a Destination: I remember this checkbox was always ticked and for some reason was unticked yesterday.

I apologise for the manifold causes I have listed but to summarize I think that the major causes and then solutions for this tedious problem were:

-the scheduled report did not work for the Antivirus update/scan which was running in the same range of time where it falls the scheduling report

-the scheduled report may have not work for a missing refresh of the Repository.

Best Regards

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update objects from CCM was removed starting BI 4.0.

Reposcan is the best utility to find and remove inconsistencies between CMS DB and Filestore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we try the option "Update Objects" to remove the vulnerabilities between FRS and CMS DB to fix this issue permanently?

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, it is the "Refresh Report" with refresh report object from repository to fix this problem.  However, the source report may overwrite this again when the next code promotion occurs, and you might need to apply the same.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luca,

I would suggest running REPOSCAN to recover any lost index and points within your FRS. First run it in SCAN mode to confirm you have issue, then you can run it in REPAIR mode.

C:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\reposcan.exe

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright.

Since you're not able to see those KBAs:

1. Do you have an Antivirus running on the server? If yes, try to disable it and test the issue.

2. If your Filestore is on a shared location, ensure that the DOMAIN account that you use to run the Server Intelligence Agent has FULL access to this location.

Hope this helps.

-Sid