cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Forms changes not taking effect on billing form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've recently copied an existing smart form and attached to a billing output type (configured in NACE - V3 billing)

The standard program and smart form was copied and modified. 

The problem is that after translating some standard texts and texts inside the smart form, the output form displays an older version of the form (ex. I've removed some hard-coded texts from the footer but it still appears in the billing form print preview in VF03),

but in some billing documents the changes are taking effect.

Is there some process in SAP SD where the version of a form output is being saved after generation so that when the form is changed the original output is retained?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Raymond Mendoza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

juancarlos_dasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond

I'm facing this same problem, Did you solve it? if so, How did you?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You need to edit the translation of the smart form as well using TCODE SE63.

Non-variable texts that were translated can be found there.

You can search how to use SE63, there are plenty of resources.

Hope this helps.

juancarlos_dasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Raymond!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveer.

Any other answers?  Thanks.

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried all? if still you are facing the same problem.. then I think I have to check the full smartforms

Regards.

Praveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveer,

No mention of old smart form.  It gets the form name from the NACE config.

To be clear:

Step 1: Copied old smart form and print program.

Step 2: Configured NACE with new output type and new form and program.

Step 3: Made changes to the form.

Step 4: Tested the form output.  (Lets call this output 1)

Step 5: Made additional changes (removed some texts).

Step 6: Tested the form again (Output 1 still displayed - changes did not take effect)

The initial changes have taken effect but the additional did not. 

It is not possible that it's the old form because some of the first changes are already in effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check se63 if there is translation and you create new text when you create it first it is there in translation too but afterwords when you change in form language in translation new text are not transferred and you have to do it  manually in se63.

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

It's a like error and trial, as you said, the initial changes has been taken place in output.

and the current footer level changes are not coming.

Please try to check, is there any condition or variable are using to display the information in Output Body.

And also, check if the variables are using, then is somewhere else those variables are also using to populate the information.

Or try to Put a condition on Footer Text like 1 = 2 in condition tab, and check the changes are taking place or not in output.

Regards.

Praveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's forget the translations.  I also deleted some texts in the form footer, but when I print preview in VF03 the text is still there.

But in some billing documents, the text is deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you check all different billing types in NACE. If in some i changed in some not this mean that they used different smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you translate texts with se63?

Do you close smartform in smartforms during translations.?

What is the  default form language and what is the logon language ? .

So you should first close all instances of smartforms transaction. And than go to se63

chose you smartform or standart text and translate it there in corresponding logon language .

Regards Ogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveer,

Yes it is customized, that's why I'm able to change the form.  It is also configured correctly in NACE, both print program and smart form.

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Check in Driver program, somewhere the old Smartform Name is mention or not.

regards.

Praveer.

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

In NACE, the program of the respective Output Type is Customized one or you are using the standard program.

regards.

Praveer.