cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the maximum length allowed for ftp password(File Adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As part of the security policy, we have been provided with 128 characters password(Having special characters. when we tried using this password, getting the below error.

530 unexpected reply codeuser

Please let me know if there is any restriction on password length.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We also tried connecting at UNIX level and getting the same error .503 ..cannot logon.

It seems to be having issue with password length, but if wevcan prove this from SAP standard documentation, the same can be conveyed to the customer.

Please do the needful to provide any proofs for this password policy in SAP PI for all adapters.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeni,

Are you able to login to FTP server with a shorter password?

BR,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

Please refer the link below:

I think it will be helpful for your problem.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look in the link below.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2015569

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

Thanks for the links. But, nowhere its mentioned about the length of the password or will it allow special characters if its used in File adapter.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeni,

Looks like 530 error is returned by the FTP server, are you able to login to the server using other FTP tools with the password you have?

BR,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

I tried with WINSCP FTP client and not able to logon to the server.

But, when I tried ftp://hostname from the Internet explorer, it accepted the password.

I would like to understand whether the PI FTP password has any restrictions on length or special characters. It will be good if you have any standard document which indicates this information will be helpful.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeni,

I have not heard of any restrictions on password length for a file channel, had there been any we should have got an error while activating the channel.

Anyway, do you face the same 503 error with WINSCP as with PI? Also are you running the WINSCP client from the same machine as the one which is able to login using Internet Explorer?

BR,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Yes, I have run the ftp test with WINSCP and IE in same client environment. With WINSCP, I am not getting any error, it was giving the Password prompt continuously.

Regards,

Sreeni.