SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one rate category for a two-way register

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone knows how to build a rate category for a device that has a two way register. Which means the customers has a photovoltaik or a wind turbine produces energy and consumes this as well but sometimes he will over produce and feed the grid with his over production. and of course he will use electricity when his own powerstation doesn't supply enough for his daily needs.

This all flows through one meter. But now the difficut part I would like to be able to bill those reads separately with having to build two seperate installations so I can send reads if requested to the supplier.

Does anyone has a clue...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So is there a single register in the device , or separate registers in the same device for capturing the consumed and generated energy ?

Thanks,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So is there a single register in the device , or separate registers in the same device for capturing the consumed and generated energy ?

Thanks,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

There is a single register in the device.

0 Kudos

So at the end of the day when the meter reader goes for the meter reading, the device would show the reading which is a combination of the consumed energy minus generated energy.

If the segregation is not possible in the real world how would the system know the process of billing separately.

There should be a separate device or register to store the generated energy, so that we have separate reading for generated and consumed energy.

Thanks,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

thanks that was my first reaction as well. There is no other way to seperate the readings otherwise.