Missing "System" and "Help" tab in the menu bar
A message I got from customer is that when they updated the sap gui to 740, the "System" and "Help" tab was disappeared in the menu bar of the GUI, they want to know how to enable it.
Then I updated my local sap logon from 730 to 740, all things are OK. Below is the screenshot from my local and customer:
I checked the help document, but I did not find the way to customize the menu bar. Do you have any ideas on the possible reasons of the hidden tab and how to enable the missed “SYSTEM” and "Help" tab?
Below is the resolution I figured out, I add it here for the reference:
Go to the transaction SE41 -> add "MENUSYST" in the blank and select "menu bars". Click "change", Then you could see several “Used everywhere” sections, it's expected that under each "Used everywhere", there should be both System and Help underneath like below:
You should first check whether you missed any “System” and “Help” entry under “Used everywhere” sections, if yes, please follow the below steps to recover:
1. Double click the “Used everywhere” where “system” missed.
2. Input the “System” “Help” in the blank underneath.
3. Then enter to save, check the “Reference Menu” for the popped dialog box and enter. Select the existing referenced menus for system and help.
4. Click “Save”, “Back” button. Repeat the above steps for all the missed entries.
5. Click “Activate” button to make your changes active:
Then re-login, you should get the “System” and “Help” menus back.