Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suitable MS Course for Certified GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have always wanted to do MS (USA Preferable) after my B.Tech. I am now having over 3+Yrs of experience over SAP GRC, Security and Various SAP/ Non SAP Audits. Being an Certified GRC AC consultant in one of the top MNC, I am now looking for a suitable course which will help me strengthen my knowledge as well help me over my experience in getting better opportunities post my MS degree. Please suggest and share your ideas. You can also message me directly.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi James

By MS do you mean Masters? I'm not US based but my background is Security and GRC so I'll offer some suggestions from that perspective

For the GRC perspective, I would look at either studying Business Related discipline that might capture topics such as Accounting, Financial Practises, Auditing, etc.

A secondary option to facilitate your career path would be to study Business Process Methodologies and Architecture. Learn how to make processes more efficient and analyse them. This could potenitally assist you in configuration of your SAP system as well as analysing business process for risks (leading to process controls and risk management)

Finally, have you considered tertiary education may not be necessary at the moment (for the cost). Perhaps you could look at private certification relating to audit or SAP. With the private certification, you may then have the opportunity to become a member of certain professional bodies which can further your education as well as networking and job opportunities.

Regards

Colleen

Ps - people can only direct message you if you follow each other

1 REPLY 1

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi James

By MS do you mean Masters? I'm not US based but my background is Security and GRC so I'll offer some suggestions from that perspective

For the GRC perspective, I would look at either studying Business Related discipline that might capture topics such as Accounting, Financial Practises, Auditing, etc.

A secondary option to facilitate your career path would be to study Business Process Methodologies and Architecture. Learn how to make processes more efficient and analyse them. This could potenitally assist you in configuration of your SAP system as well as analysing business process for risks (leading to process controls and risk management)

Finally, have you considered tertiary education may not be necessary at the moment (for the cost). Perhaps you could look at private certification relating to audit or SAP. With the private certification, you may then have the opportunity to become a member of certain professional bodies which can further your education as well as networking and job opportunities.

Regards

Colleen

Ps - people can only direct message you if you follow each other