cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change coding mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

i have created coding mask -xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx when i am trying create wbs structure using special character '-' it's throwing error like.

No. of project sections does not agree with project mask "-".

my client is using wbs structure numeric and alpha bates.

is it possible to change coding mask or how can resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Siddu ,

Please refer to the note 453280 and execute the report for those 5 projects  . This will help you to update the project definition id based on the updated coding mask .

Regards,

Virendra Shukla

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to erase the existing projects that use the coding mask.  You cannot just delete the projects because they are still in the database.  You will need to run the archiving process to remove them from the tables, then you can modify the coding mask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ken,

Already book the cost against for that projects, what would be suggest my client for this scenario.

please suggest.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you have to reverse those cost from concern object then try to delete the same system will allow.

other solution if work fine to you like same coding mask you have to assign another character and need to create project within new once coding mask.

Regards,
Sanjeev

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

if cost is booked you need to settle or reverse the cost. Make sure no open items  ( PR/PO/ funds Commitment, Timesheets) are associated with your 5 Open projects which are created using this coding mask.

Then you need to archive these projects. Once all of this is done, you can create a new coding mask.

I have one question here why after posting cost Business has decided to change the code mask?

Hope it helps

Sammar

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like these are active projects that cannot be archived.  Try renaming them (the Proj Def and WBS) to something that doesn't have a coding mask, then transport in the coding mask changes, then rename the projects following the new coding mask.

Does your coding mask start with a - ?  It is very unusual to start with a special character.  Best practice is to start with a letter.

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Siddu ,

1) Create New Coding Mask

2) Lock the old coding mask .

3) Create the projects with the  new coding Mask

4) transfer all PR/PO , FI Postings , Project stock if any to the new Projects created.

5) Delete /Lock the old Projects.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shareeq

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi siddu,

system wont allow you to change the existing coding mask and allows only if there is no projects against the coding mask

regards

Ambarish

former_member228466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

As you had deleted the existing project than i think the data base needs to be refresh.

Kindly try CJBN AND CJEN

Thanks

Yogendra Soni

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

If you have not created any projects with the Coding Mask you can edit it. If there are projects created with this coding mask then system will not allow you to modify it.

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sammar,

Thanks for reply. 5 projects are created for this coding mask, so how can i change this coding mask.

please suggest....

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

Delete those projects and then try and change the coding mask..

What's the new coding mask you are planning to  use? If it is just modifying this -XXXXXXXXXXX into -XXX-000-XXX system i think will let you modify..

Give it a try..

regards

Sammar