Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subroutine with 'EN' and Sy-langu

former_member183164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks.

I have to make the subroutine with both EN as well as in Local language i.e, Sy-langu.

Here is the piece of code:

LOOP AT lt_display.

hotspot = lt_display-hotspot.

IF lt_display-curr_filed = 'X'.

PERFORM build_lst_table_wcurr USING  lt_display-column_len   (It will be in EN)

lt_display-field_desc--> (It needs to be in Sy-langu)

lt_display-fieldname-> (EN)

'WAERS'

hotspot. -> (EN)

Only I need to make ->   lt_display-field_desc  as sy-langu and remaining will be in 'EN'.

It is a description field so, it needs to be in local language.

Do i need to add another loop for this or how to achieve this?

Regards,

EH

6 REPLIES 6

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the text symbol for the field description and do translation as required in languages for the text symbol.

0 Kudos

Hi,

How to maintain text symbols for a specific field?

I only needed for lt_display-field_desc .

0 Kudos

Hi,

lt_display-field_desc = text-001.

Double click text-001 and then maintain in original language and then do translate it in target language.

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

From where are you picking the Description Information?

If it's from the text Table, then while taking the Description column information, you can pass the Language Column condition  as SY-LANGU.

And while arranging the Information, you no need to change the language again.

Regards.

Praveer.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

yes, the description info is from a table which is having description of a fields.

I am using

PERFORM build_lst_table_wcurr USING  lt_display-column_len  

lt_display-field_desc

-----------------

-------

So how do i achieve for a particular lt_display-field_desc?

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

in the same way, when you are querying the text table (Language = SY-LANGU). and after that I think, you are arranging the information in IT_DISPLAY table.

So while arranging only pass the Description Value from the text table into IT_DISPLAY-Field_desc.

and then your rest of the logic will be same.

Regards.

Praveer.