cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Contract Process in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would know if any one mapped Global Contract business process in SAP with Project system Module.

To explain, in Global Contract we agreed on Work Unit Rate with Client for contract duration. i.e. we will fixed the rate for all activities in advance while making contract in SAP. Again, this contract only gives idea about work unit rate while will perform actually and no revenue will comes as a part of this contract.

During execution, we get a scope of work/drawing from customer. We will make BOQ based on the received scope of work. While making proposal we will used work unit rate which were agreed during signing of contract. Once, proposal is accepted by client he will give us a PO. Then project/work will be executed.

I would like to know how can map this entire process in SAP right from Preparing Global Contract, recording work unit rate and then estimating awarded scope of work against this agreed work unit rate.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Thank you for all your inputs.

This will not serve the exact purpose. As, the activity rates or work rate per unit which we will be using in PS for estimation, will be agreed during signing a global contract.

My main pain area is -

1. How we can maintained unit rate and make a contract for it.

2. Once, I got project, how we can use these unit rates in Project for making proposal.

I have understand that we can use BOS in SD to make Unit Rate Estimation and create a contract. But, Can these unit rate populated automatically in PS Structure while making Project Proposal (BOS-PS Integration).

Let me know you views on this.

Regards

Rajat

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to use the SD-PS integration capabilities of RRB - Resource Related Billing.  Once you have set up the RRP DIP profile you can maintain your Global Rates as pricing conditions in SD.  RRB can be used to produce a Quotation from individual PS Projects.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Create a master contract from SD side and create a Global project from PS side

PS would be allow to various company code under one project by customizing setting in project profile. then create wbs according to operation across glob. and assign as account assignment to it's sale order which will create with the reference of Global contract.

costing part to all customer to all kind of material will be control from SD side. check with SD consultant.

Regards,
Sanjeev

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

You can create a Project Structure divide into two Phases One Pre Approved and Second One Post approval.

In the pre approval one you can use Activity types and Rates defined as per the agreed work unit cost..

And once the contract is awarded you can start the work on the next phase and then you can compare the two..

Hope it helps

Regards

Sammar