cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of batch quantity in MIGO

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using goods reciept for purchase order using MIGO transaction.My customer requirement is to distribute the item quantity in to several batches.

When I use the distribute quantity tab and maintain the batch quantities the system is creating the same internal batch number for all the materials.

I need system to generate diff batch numbers.

Batch level is maintained at material level.Internal NO range is maintained for Batches.

Please help me to fix this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor

Can you describe your steps in a little more details and explain some background about your batch numbers, is there any user exit used?

my steps:

MIGO, clicking the distribute icon , getting the distribute screen, just enter quantity and storage location, click check and copy.

I then get 3 times item number 1 with the entered values , batch number still empty.

After posting, I got 3 batches with different numbers

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the detailed solution.We are not using any user exit for batch creation or MIGO.

We activated batch charecteristics for maintaining some of the product details.When I distribute the batch quantity(Eg : 20,30,40), I maintain the charecteristics for each item and then system automatically creates same internal batch NO for all the distributed Quantities.

This happens for me if Split the Quantity in the PO and do the goods reciept for the multiple PO line item with same material,single batch is created for the same material with multiple lines.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm your batch level. What is your batch level ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, what you are saying is not clear

How can you maintain classification for batches which should be generated with saving the receipt?

In the moment you click the classification  button, you generate the batch and you maintain the classification for this specific batch, and then you do not have any more distribution to other batch numbers, except external assigned. you then can only distribute the same batch to different locations

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

The batch level is at material level

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Even without classification,Initially I distribute the Quantity check and adopt,3 lines are created.

Once i did the item OK and click on the Check button in the application tool bar of MIGO screen,

The batch is getting created with same batch no for all the items

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your batch number already entered for item 1 before you distribute, or even in purchase order?

It just did another test in my IDES (6.03) and had the same success

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

NO I have not entered the batch number for the item before and after the distribution.

I am working on ECC 6.04

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell what settings you have for your 101 movement in IMG task: Define Batch Creation for Goods Movements

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

The setting maintained for Define batch creation for movement type is Automatic / manual without check

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same as mine. I have no more ideas. You may have to elaborate this to the SAP Support desk

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems quite strange.. As you can see my (and Jurgen Sir's) screen shot, our system is creating new batch for all line item.

I would suggest test it with another material also with another purchase order (or even another client).

If same problem occurs, then raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using one line item in MIGO, then system will create only one batch number for the line item.

You can do it with multiple line item in MIGO.

Enter the PO number multiple time in MIGO and change the quantity as per your requirement, then click Check, system will create multiple batch numbers.

henry_han
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Govindraj,

One item in MIGO can only contain one batch number.
As you can see, after posting, each item of the MM document on MSEG table only have one line item.
Only one batch field on each line item.
So if you want to post the GR with serveral batches, you may need to split the GR, that is, input the PO again, distribute another batch to the new line item.

Best Regards,
Henry