cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completing Reversal of Outbound Delviery with SU Management (VL09 LT0G)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

Long time user, first time poster. I have had this issue many times before and have searched high and low for the answer, maybe I am using the incorrect terms.

I have an Outbound Delivery that has been PGI followed by a Reverse PGI done in VL09. The picking TO has source from 3 Storage Units (1 PC each) and after VL09 was processed the Dynamic Storage Bin 916 (Shipping Area Deliveries) has 3 PC in a single Quant 78779.

When I execute LT0G using TO Item View SAP displays 3 lines, one for each Storage Unit. 2 Storage Units are locked and have Quant 0000000000 with nothing in Available Stock, the other 1 Storage Unit is not locked and has Quant 78779 with Available Stock of only 1 PC (LS23 shows 3 PC for this Quant).

I am assuming SAP pulls these Storage Unit Numbers from the picking TO to be used during the creation of the return to stock TO in LT0G, but because there is no Quant (0000000000) there is a lock on the line and I cannot return this Storage Unit to stock.

If SAP created 3 Quants into Storage Type 916 instead of 1 Quant then I wouldn't have this issue, is this correct? The other option is for LT0G to use the same Quant for all 3 Storage Units. Is there a way to fix this in the system? Is this a known issue when trying to Return to Stock from Delivery in SU Managed Storage Types?

I hope what I have written makes sense. Thank you for your time, I appreciate any help you can provide.

Troy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Jurgen, storage type 916 is a non SU managed storage type and once the transfer order is confirmed SU number is not available. as far as LT0G are concern could you please share the screenshot of LT0G and the Quant which you mentioned. Also i will suggest to have a look on the below mentioned existing thread (which is basically for inbound but helps to understand the process flow)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manish, I will have a read of the post you suggested. Attached is the screenshots of the Picking TO, LT0G and LX03.

I thought that VL09 would have known these units were SU Managed based on the Picking TO and therefore would allow me to LT0G Return to Stock by SU number. To do so it would need to create 3 new Quants during VL09 process and allocate 1 Quant to each of the 3 SU numbers.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The delivery does not know about SU numbers, they are not stored in any table to the delivery.

The SU number is even already  gone when you confirm the TO from your bins to the picking storage type. Hence a VL09 cannot re-create any SU numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Jurgen,

I did already know that the SU is gone once moved to any Non-SU Managed Storage Type.

It is important to note that the SU number we use is actually a Logistics Code (20 digit unique ID) and is required to track on the way out of the system, hence why we need to Return to Stock with this same SU number.