Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 Embedded stuck at 'Querying available environments'

ninad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an installation of SAP ERP on HANA. I would like to use BPC 10.1 Embedded (i.e. BPC web  / EPM Addin for Microsoft as front-end) on the same system. As per my understanding, you do not need to install the CPMBPC and HANABPC components to use BPC 10.1 embedded only.

I have carried out all the necessary steps for BPC installation and post-installation as per the installation guide for BPC embedded. 

However, when I try to connect to the system using BPC Web, I get stuck at the screen with message 'Querying Available Environments'.

Has anyone faced this issue before and how did you resolve it?

Is it possible to use BPC Web / EPM-Addin for Microsoft without installing the CPMBPC and HANABPC components?

Thanks,

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ninad,

If your problem is still not resolved, I invite you to check the following SAP Notes:

2236676 - BPC NW 10.1 : BPC Web Client freeze with the message
"Querying available environments"

2188929 - BPC NW 10.1 Front end does not load since change in
RSPLS_HDB_ACT

Best regards,

Nedra.

ninad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nedra,

The instructions in the above notes were already done in our systems.

The issue turned out to be inconsistent SP levels of BW and UI / SAPUI5 in the system.

In order to use embedded planning, there are certain combinations of SP levels of various components that have to be adhered to (at least in NW 7.40).

After following OSS Note 2103585, we were able to get past the issue.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Regards,

Ninad Thakur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad.

I Have found the decision for 'Querying Available Environments' problem - the reason is in step 5 - defining RFC Destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Which steps have you completed in the EPM 10.1 Installation guide?

Andy

ninad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I have performed steps 2, 3 and whatever steps are possible from Step 5. Some steps in Step 5, as I mentioned before, are not possible due to CPMBPC / HANABPC not being installed in the system.

Regards,

Ninad

bhagyesh_ravange
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ninad,

Could you go through the below link.

http://mswalker.im/?action=view&url=installing-sap-bpc-101

Regards

Bhagyesh Ravange

ninad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyesh,

I have tried the suggestion in the link.

Some of the steps in the post-installation for 'Classic' are not possible if CPMBPC component is not installed (e.g. roles with *BPC*, activation of EnvironmentShell').

I have performed all the steps that are possible as per the installation guide for both embedded and classical BPC.

Regards,

Ninad