cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME51N Warning message based on the spend

ricardobarron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there any way to create a custom warning message that based on $ spend can be generated while creating a PO Requisition through ME51N?

For instance, if requestor by mistake submit $7,000 AU @ $7,000 USD per AU (generates PO Req with total value 49,000,000 USD) which escalates to the top.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ricardobarron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks both for your input. Will do some additional research about the options suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to have a full-fledged control over the spending, you can activate Funds Management module. Based on the mapped funds centre, the system will check the available funds at the time of PR creation. The error displayed in an event of non-availability of funds will look like : Payment Budget Exceeded.

If you need short surface solutions:

1. In Case of Material PR, the MAP of the material will be defaulted in the Valuation Price field. You can make this field non-editable so that the user mistakes are not given any air to breathe. For new material code creation if you are maintaining 0.01 price in the MAP field of Material Master, the above approach will work seamlessly.

2. In Case of Service PR, you have to maintain ML31 Service Codes Price at Service Code / Plant Level. When you create a Purchase Requisition for Services, this price will be fetched from ML31. Again,  this field can be made non editable.

Kindly explore and check if the above info helps to keep the escalations down

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How could SAP know that this is an error and not just a desired value?

If you would use material masters then you can do such tolerance checks  with the PO price against the valuation price in material master.

A custom warning is always possible via the BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST