cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Storage of materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an internal process where by our customers request temporary storage of materials. These request have a validity period the warehouse then does an upload of the materials into stock.

I need to know if there is a field in MIGO where this can be entered? Then we could run a background programme to check when these dates expire and notify us

Warranty date field is not an option as we need to maintain this for other purposes as well

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Non stock materials are not maintained in stock.

1. Customers request the warehouse to store the materials for a number of days until they are able to use the materials
  2. warehouse upload the items into stock
  3. once the validity stated in point 1 expires the warehouse need to notify the users to collect their materials or get an approval to extend the validity
Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you need to track the stock of a nonstock item temporarily.  If this is the case, please check whether the below approach can fulfill your requirement:

Create a different material code (with batch) to represent the item, with a material type with quantity update in the plant. Receive the material against cost center (or similar account assignment) using 202 movement (or similar) in MB1A, when the customer request you to keep in stock. The expiration date, or any other info like customer number etc can be maintained in the batch master itself while receiving. You can follow the remaining procedure like a normal batch material with expiration date and you can track the batch expiration using standard report  (MB5M)  or a custom report using MCHA / MCHB / MCH1  table.

Regards,

AKPT

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please share the exact steps followed in the process. Please clarify the sentence: "These request have a validity period the warehouse then does an upload of the materials into stock."

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to make you own custom date field in MIGO transaction and write the logic pursuant to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dibyendu but customizing / adding fields is usually a risk. I would rather have a standard field which I could use and change the field name in config

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But using a text field would not be good for date purpose.. Because a format of a date field is different from a text field.

There are no extra Date field in MIGO .

henry_han
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

How about the field MSEG-SGTXT? Basically, most of the fileds in MIGO would be updated to MKPF and MSEG tables, so depends on your requirement, you may put the date on the Text field of the where tab in MIGO item detail.

Thanks and Regards,
Henry