cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for an specific error in SXMB_MONI

0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I’m currently doing a daily monitoring task; in SAP T-Code SXMB_MONI where we retrieve a list of XML messages with errors.

Once the search has been performed I get a very long list of XML messages sometimes the list is too long (2000+ entries), but we need to find find and process only a specific error:

<faultText>The plan was not found for application Transaction Number [XXXXXXXXXX] </faultText>

In order to search for the specific error we need to find we have to click on each XML  one by one and browse the XML as follows:

I would like to know if there’s a way to search for the specific error we need to find so we don't have to click on each and every entry.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The error message I’m monitoring hasn’t been present for like 7 months; however I still need to monitor for it, so I performed a search for a date when error was common and then searched with the SE16 à SXMSPERROR Table.

The first screen print is from the dates when the error I need to find was common and the second one from today’s search which has errors I can disregard; they both have the same Error ID and Error Text:

in both cases the error texts and IDs were the same:

Message Status E

Error Category UNKNOWN

Error ID APPLICATION_ERROR

Language

Error Text AdditionalText:application faul

Flag M

The error I’m looking for is located at :

Payloads àmaindocument ( text/xml;charset=utf-8 )

As for Anudeep’s answer I could use a little more details on where to start a User defined search, as I don’t have that much experience on this.

Thanks a loT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the below link for User Defined Search.. use this for the Fault Message Type

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803b22cf-ad75-2f10-0790-da055f2e8...

0 Kudos

Don’t have access to that T-Code, but I’ll ask someone else to check on it and let you know if it worked.

Thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

How about using User Defined Search and creating filter for Fault Message Type?

Regards,

Anudeep

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i'm not wrong, SXMSPERROR table should have all the information about these error message.

So go to table browser(se16) and see if you can apply some filters to get only those messages.

May be "Error code" or "Error Category"

If you don't any filter to apply then simply sort by error text column and export the list of message ID's having that error.

Once you get those message ID's, simply reprocess them using sxmb_moni.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response!

I have provided the Message IDs with the multiple selection,

I’m currently starting on this new position in the company I work for, so I’m not very familiar with the use of tables, let me insert a screen print so you can walk me through on where should I enter the error codes.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't enter any error codes but increase the width of output list to 2500 or something.

Then simply execute(F8)

You should be able to find a column which has error text in it. Then sort the output by error text so that they'll grouped.