cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export to Excel from MB5L?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Seems after last update, we have lost the function to export from many TA's including MB5L, directly to spreadsheet. Now I have to export to txt and then import to Excel and convert the data to a table. The problem is that when exporting to txt, not all lines are being correctly separated by tabs, and this makes me spend hours running through hundreds of thousands of lines each exported file at a time, or else risk many lines being blank or even having to concatenate the infracting lines one by one, often having to guess were the break points should be.

Is there any way to force export to Excel?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marques,

Try to convert the excel file to text tab delimited (its text format) by giving save as, it show whether ur data are properly tabbed or not and also use text file to export.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marques,

Whether you have upgraded to EHP7? Then you need to refer Text With Tabulators in place of Spreadsheet.

Please refer below SAP Note which could be useful to you  2083705 - Save Local File - Spreadsheet option is missing after Support Package SAPKB74001.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that the IT Organization department upgraded SAP. Don't know what version.  I am already exporting with tabs, but get the problems I just referred before... Some lines don't break well with the tabs being in the wrong places. I have searched for the reference you indicated but can't find it.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marques,

Can you please check the version by checking system then status.

And also Click the menu path: List -> Export -> Spreadsheet or Menu option -> System -> List -> Save Local File here one pop up comes Please show us the snap shot for same.

BR
KK

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marques,

Further refer below SAP Note 1937377 - MB5L: Report Error when exporting to Excel.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP ECC 6.0

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marques,

As I already mentioned in my first reply you need to select second radio button in above pop up.

Text with tabulators is same as Spreadsheet the behavior would be same as written in SAP Note 2083705.

Please read above note completely.

Cause

The description "spreadsheet" is renamed to "text with tabulators". The reason for this change is that the result of an Excel file download has never been a true binary Excel export but more like a text file labeled with extension 'xls'.

Please take a look at the note 1776721 for more details.

Resolution

Please use the option "Text with Tabulators" as output format. The behavior will be the same despite the description.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

And as I said I can't use the tabulator, since the data exported from Excel is not being properly formatted. For example:

Look at line 5 and 6. In line 6, SAP exported the date already split into columns, but not in the correct place. If I convert the column A to a table, then I am going to overwrite data in the other columns on lines like 6, 8, 12, 20, etc... On thousands of lines...

Here is the result after converting. See those empty lines? They shouldn't be empty. The data was lost during conversion since the tabulation was incorrect when SAP exported to txt.

I can work around this and export to HTML and then import to Excel and whatnot, but I would much rather be able to export to Excel as in the past. I don't understand why this was removed. It makes no sense at all.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marques,

I see there are many Notes on your issue which is normal situation after upgrade.

Please Check SAP Note  1937377 - MB5L: Report Error when exporting to Excel

BR
KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Thread moved to the space SAP ERP - Logistics Materials Management (SAP MM).

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nuno,

You can use the "Texto com tabuladores" and on the window to fill the name of the file, you change the extension ".TXT" for ".XLS" and the system assume that is a spreadsheet!

I hope that help you!

Regards!

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nuno,

1. Kindly download the list to Excel via Spreadsheet with ".XLS" format.

2. Instead of double clicking to open the file try the same with "File - Open" and try, now all the data will be displayed without blank.

Regards,

Karna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you didn't quite understand. The problem is that there is no longer an option to export to Excel formats after the upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I tried it, but unfortunately txt with tabulation didn't work. I still got a couple of lines that were incorrectly split into columns instead of being in a single column that could then be converted to a series of columns. If you check the images in this post above, you'll see what I mean. But exporting to HTML and renaming it to xls or xlsx did the trick. Or at least was a better solution. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your answers. Really, I do. But I can't find these SAP notes anywhere. Sorry, I am probably just looking in the wrong place, but I can't find them.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

service.sap.com/notes

you need to have a ID and password to access the notes

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look into the document for details of the S user id and password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah ok, the problem is with the line with blanks, in other occasions I have the same problem with text (Description of Material) with for example " or ' and excel take this like end-line and jump to next line, in that case we replace " or ' with other character and work fine. But I don't know if is good for you situation.

In other hand maybe try to safe like text UNICODE.

Best regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the following - this is essentially what the SAP note says.

1) Save the as 'Text to tabulators' and enter the extension as .XLS

2) Open MSExcel (Windows Key + R -> excel)

3) In MSExcel, go to File -> Open; select the excel file you just saved from SAP

4) You will get a 3 step screen, on the second step select "Text qualifier" as {none}

0 Kudos

As I can see you are in the screen of "Display Stocks(F12)"

Well, due to the SAP notes 1776721 and 2083705 the "old" options are not available. But you can try with the command &SELECT_SPREADSHEET, put it directly into the command field:

And you will be able to see the "old" options:

Regards.

NOTE: The command &SELECT_SPREADSHEET only works with simple lists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip, but that command did nothing for me Nothing pops up and nothing happens after entering the command. The command box just goes blank after hitting enter.

0 Kudos

well... for me works very well, only for verify... activating debug mode (/h) and inmediately type the command, you will be placed into the following line of code:

...and the value at gt_stack-listtype should be 'S', when the value is H (hierarchical list) this trick not Works.

And you can check also if your SAP user has the authority object S_GUI. (or inmediately after the command, check if some autorization is missing with /osu53)

And reset the defaul export format with &RESET_EXCEL command.

Regards.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It works for you because you are in EHP7, and only there the old download function is missing. This is clearly said in the OSS notes.So anybody who is not in EHP7 cannot use this command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like the authorizations have been pulled to export to Excel from this transaction. I can export form others, but this one seems to be off limits for now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Cheers!