cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Report customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While we are running the PO report in ME2K, the system is always asking us to enter the account assignment object by throwing a error message "Please enter at least one account assignment object Message no. ME629". Actually the client wants a PO report searching by all the fields in ME2K but the system is throwing an error message even if we enter the material number and do the search.

Shall we remove this error message with the help of ABAPER, or there would be any impact if we remove this error message.

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The PO report ME2K is not showing the PO numbers with account assignment category "U" but it is showing in ME2N.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards

Raja

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A PO report without PO number... do you really believe that such thing could come from SAP as  standard? 

ME2K is an ALV report, users can customize the layout, just goto the menu Settings > Layout > Select and select the standard SAP given layout called 1DEFAULT

or use Settings > Layout > Change to assemble it to your own needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI raja,

Report ME2K is intended for PO's of account assignment like 'K' cost center 'A' assets etc.. so it is not possible to view without account assignment.

Write a query using table :EKKN and EKKO

If you want to view other pos without account assignment you can refer t-codes :ME2N  , ME2M , ME2K also.

Regards

Krishnareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a variant in ME2K with "*" value in cost center field.

I have selected the variant and entered a material number and then do the search. Now the system is showing "No suitable purchasing documents found " whereas the report ME2N showing the result with 4 lines. I understand that the PO has been created without account assignment object.

My requirement is to have the all the input fields as like as ME2K and then show the PO list based on the values entered in the selection screen. Basically the client wants to have only one T-Code for PO report as we have it for PR, for example ME5A.

Regards

Raja

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to see any data with the same selection field for table EKKN ?

ME2K transaction reads the table EKKN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acct Assng objects: Cost Center and Order will work with the Asterisk (*)

WBS element is literal and will not accept input other than a valid WBS Element

If you are looking for ALL PO's with account assignment,  why not use ME2m and set the Account assignment CATEGORY to not equal to "blank"

all lines with acct assgn will return  and you can sort it out from there.

Regards,

Althea

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Kindly refer the following note

485730 - ME2K ME3K: Variant only possible w/ account assignment object

Regards,

Karna J

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter the value as * (star) in these fields. Then execute.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

You can create variant and make it default. Click on account assignment field, then press F2 button. Then select not equal to blank for cost center field.

The purpose of this report is look for purchasing documents that belong to some account assignment. but you can use other reports other than ME2K if you want to view all purchase orders such as ME2N, ME80FN, ME2L or ME2M. Each report have its own purpose.

For General analysis use ME80FN.

Thanks,

Jagdeep

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should first analyze how SAP is reading the data in this report and then imagine how many records you would have in 10 years from now and then  think about performance if you execute this report without account assignment object.

Maybe other reports are more suitable if you do not want to enter an account assignment object.