Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Live - View type via view properties within HANA Studio

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Specifically within HANA Studio, and as elaborated in the thread linked below, I believe there is a "VDM properties" tab available which indicates the HANA Live view type of a calculation view.  Is this feature available publically, perhaps with an additional plugin?

Many thanks,

JP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, the view type can be found with SQL, however of course I'd prefer the HANA Studio view-specific option with the "VDM property" tab.

SQL example as follows:

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_TAGS"

where "TAG" = 'fncViewLayer'and "PACKAGE_ID" like '%sap%plm%'

order by "PACKAGE_ID", "VALUE", "OBJECT_NAME" ;

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

The plugin is not available externally yet. However the VDM properties information along with other related information is available in a web based tool called View Browser. You need to download and install the tool (DU install) in your HANA System.

Once installed you can access the view browser using the URL http(s)/host:port/sap/hba/explorer.

See documentation at this link.

regards

Partha

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thanks, I'm aware of, and have used the Browser.  Here I specifically refer to seeing the VDM properties in HANA Studio.

It may be that from system to system and client to client the Live Browser may not/cannot be installed, and hence a developer does not have this option.

Please see below for further info: