Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data extraction issue

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During EM-BI set up, when ever we are reporting the same events with different location then during BI extraction, the No of entries being displayed as two but the current entry has no location being displayed in BI  although EH list the events with 2 different location.Can you tell what needs to be checked although in exp events table also we see two entries but in BI the location ID is being blank for second entry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

1. Select your SAP BW Profile Definition -> Select Header value mapping, let me know what is the value in this field Trgt. field, Src. Table, Srce Field and Param.Indx. Did you see any Param.Ind. “1” or “none”?
  2. Are you sending same expected event, just changing the location from “none to A, then “A to B”.
  3. Are you capturing both locations in same field Location ID 1 or Location ID 2.
  4. You’ve written you can see both entries in EH List (Control, Info or System or status) and Expected events table (Location ID 1 or Location ID 2), where are you seeing that. If you see an entry only in Location ID 1 as per scenario mentioned in step 3, then it will overwrite the location id.
  5. Check any custom SAP BW Expected Event Functions developed by your team for BI Extraction.

Check above things and get back to me.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For point 1, there are multiple fields and values maintained for header value mapping.Can you inform which speciifc fields we need to check.

For point 2, we are sending same expected event and just changing  the location  from “none to A, then “A to B”.

For point 3, the below enlcosed screenshot should be self explanatory.

For point 4, we see the values under consolidated events tab in EH list.I have attcahed screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

I got it now.  It looks like BW delta load is not picking up location id change for reprocessing the same expected event.

Check EH list tabs Expected events and Event Messages populated “AKL” in Location ID 1 columns and same thing check in tables /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV-LOC_ID_1 and /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR-LOCID1.

The functional module /SAPTRX/BW_EXTRACTION2  does extract data from above tables.

Check log on the event handler whether it has given any warning message on location update.

Ruleset also configured as “X – Delta Upload”, I believe. I could see one old OSS note 549472 - SCEM-BW:Missing information on event-level during extraction but it shows as SAP OSS note cannot be implemented, however check this at your end whether it helps you.  If everything looks fine then you need raise an SAP OSS message regarding this issue.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked and its strange that under expected events tab-we have entry for single event only while under event message tab we have both entries for both locations( both AKL and CHC).

In the /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV, we have one location available which is CHC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Depak,

Excellent... I was expecting for your same comment as this is a known program error.  If you check in SAP EM WebUI the location ID data is also missing.

Implement this SAP OSS note to resolve this error 1974670 - Missing data when displaying reported expected events

Check and let me know if it is resolved your issue.

Regards

GGOPII