cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate cycle count documents (like LX26) with a batch job ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We use Txn: LX26 to generate WM cycle count documents.  Now our plants want that these documents be generated using a batch job (the documents should be just
created - not printed, and not activated).  Thereafter, they will use LX22 to review those document and decide when/what to count.

I created a batch job using RLINV050 (the program in LX26) along with its variants - however, that batch job just creates a log of proposal, and does not save/generate the document.   Txn: LX26 takes 2 actions - viz. execute LX26 to create proposal and <save> - and I don't know how to replicate those 2 actions in a batch job.

Can someone help me in defining batch job for generating (but not activating) WM cycle count document based on LX26 logic please.

Thanks,

- Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happened to your question in the EWM forum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The EWM moderator removed my message, saying that EWM forum "is exclusively reserved for EWM activities" and ERP related questions cannot be posted on that site    I was not able to find any forum for SAP-WM, so I am now posting it in LE forum - hope someone would help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP selects automatically all bins from your selection. The manual selection step is not possible in background, hence it is pre-selected according to your entries in the selection screen.

However, I don't think that you can create documents without immediate activation in background.

Try it with activation and then deactivate them via LX22.

I am personally not a fried of creating documents in advance, and I explained my reasons in a blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I read your blog on Strategic Counting - very nice information.  In the blog, you said, "I have read many questions asking "how to create automatically physical inventory documents", ........ Despite of having given technical instructions to achieve it I would not use it personally."

I know you don't recommend it, but since you have technical info on how to automatically create (just create, not activate) the cycle count documents - may I request you to share that solution with me please.

Thanks,

- Chetan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You already there. You create variants and schedule them for automatic creation.

Did you try it with activation of inventory documents? It worked for me immediately. Without activation it did not work.

You would need to read the program code to know if this decision is based on the activation indicator only. If you know the reason, then either modify the report to fulfill your requirement or try to convince SAP  that it is a bug that creation of inactive inventory documents is not possible.