Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert messages are not coming to Alert inbox in SAP PI

former_member601528
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured all the settings in ALRTCATDEF. I have assigned the container elements to it. and i have mentioned the Short text and Long text parameters.

When i run a report program in SE38: RSALERTTEST, i'm getting an alert message in alert inbox.

Whenever i tried to post an idoc which is failed in PI(SXMB_MONI), i'm not getting any alert messages into alert inbox.

Kindly suggest me, what needs to be done apart from these settings..

Regards,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure that user in PRD XI are well configured (transaction SU01)?

Communication method must be "INT E-Mail" to receive mails.

Fabio

former_member601528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi fabio,

I have query, where should i create an alert rule..either in ID or in rwb....if so how to create the rule and how to assign this rule to my alert catergory...kindly suggest...

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

go through this help:

Alert Configuration - Integration Engine - SAP Library

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aravind,

In addition to what Hareesh mentioned you can also check if your rule is active or not.

And just in order to check only in rwb alert rule,you can also select error occurred  on integration engine and just put the sender details and put receiver as *.Then fail the message in integration engine and check if you get error in your mailbox.

Regards

Naveen

former_member601528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

i have created the alert rule in ID and i assigned the CS and business systems to it. and i activated the same. same will be assigned to Alert Rule in rwb.

but i'm not getting any mails.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Sometimes, mails dont get delivered due to network(firewall and proxy) configuration. So please check the same once.

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you configure the alert rule properly? i.e. without any restrictions/ integration engine?

Did you enable "suppress multiple alerts" ?

Go through below document and validate your configuration.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

If your believe your configuration is good then execute the report "RSALRTPROC " and see if there are any pending alerts to confirm.

former_member601528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I configured the Alerts by following the same document which was shared by you. and i executed the report ''RSALERTPROC", there is no logs found.

But when i try to execute the "RSALERTTEST" Program, i'm getting the alerts into my mail box as well as into the alert inbox.

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Aravind