cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEI1 does not work for open POs created when the "Doc. Index" indicator in the vendor master was not ticked

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are live in Production for the past few months.  We have recently changed a long list of PIRs via LSMW.  I have read countless forums and have made sure all the necessarily configurations is in place (include in the Doc. Index checkbox in the vendor master) to update existing purchase orders via MEI1.  I am running MEI4 prior to running MEI1 as well.

However, when I run MEI1 it only lists purchase orders created after this "Doc. Index" check box was ticked in the vendor master.  Anything prior to this change isn't included in the work list.  Of course, we have over a 100 open POs that have been created in the past few months that also need to be updated.  How can I go about updating those?

Am I missing something or is there no way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I know this is an older thread, but I echo the OPs concern. I am also having the same issue, and I have followed the instructions on the above mentioned OSS note. The question is, what is the system using to determine which POs will get updated? It is not clear in the note what the criteria is. What is the expectation?

Regards-

Brady

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akshat,

Kindly refer the following Snote

1819416 - Condition records not getting updated automatically when using MEI1/MEI4

Regards,

Karna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason I'm unable to download this note using t.code "SNOTE."  That is may be a different issue, I suppose, but I get the message stating that this not is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other potential solutions?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not an OSS note with a bugfix , it is a KBA which means it needs to be read and implemented mentally

I hope you have a user id for SAP marketplace, if yes follow this link 1819416 - Condition records not getting updated automatically when using MEI1/MEI4

if not, then follow that link: