cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the after modify absl script get triggered?

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the after modify script.

When does he get triggered?

When I change a value in the related BO, the script is not triggered, even if I push the enter key.

My target goal is to implement logic dynamicaly in the BO. If I select value X in field A then field B automaticaly gets the value Y.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you change a value of a field and press enter, and when you create an instance. You can also play with the "SyncDataContainer" UI operation (can be called in an event handler) and the "Requires RoundTrip" property of any data field.

I don't recall now other scenarios.

Pay attention if you are triggering the correct script, e.g. from the root or subnode.

Many thanks.

Fernando

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Fernando.

The fields I change are extension fields on the Account BO of Cloud for Customer (header level).

My script is at root level. Is it the right level for this?

He gets triggered only when clicing the save button.

The script in the common node never gests triggered.

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

You are right that you should put the script on the root (header) of the BO if you want the script to evaluate on a change/save on the root (header).

As for getting the script to work correctly, I would try to get it to work on save and then move it to after modify so at least your script is correct.

Rei

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Technically spoken a script for a specific node gets triggered only when there is a difference between the data of this node sent to the UI and returned from the UI.

So, you need

• The Script attached to the right node
  • A change of any data of this node in the UI
  • Trigger a round-trip

If any of these topics are not fullfilled (wrong node, no round-trip until Save) the script will not be triggered.

HTH,

Horst

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Horst,

So in my case, having the script at the root level, changing the value of a field in header and hitting enter key should trigger le script.

Am I right?

Benjamin

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Yes, you're right.

Bye,

horst