Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fetching SAP Objects metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all my dear friends,

I am new in SAP.

I am in progress to design SAP connector using JCO library.

I have issue while fetching SAP Objects metadata..

Current i m fetching all BAPIs using RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH from JCO

But i dont want to fetch BAPIs.

Is there any way to fetch business objects like Material, sales order, purchase order etc. using JCO

Please let me know. if you have information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering  !!! no one is know about this ...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

JCo probably wont provide you any BO specific functions, you need to use BO API's, guess there should be any:

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lawrence Waterhouse

I am not talking about SAP BUSINESSOBJECTS ...

I am talking about Data mode/ Business object types like Material, Sales order so i want to make Object oriented metadata at my end.

I hope u cleared my issue...Please do needfull help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, got you, but its in fact the same answer: your requirement is not EP specific and shouldnt have anything to do with JCo's. If you wanna fetch metadata from backend systems for given object and this isnt covered by the Java API of EP, you need to take a look to appropriate backend. Are there alreday given ABAP services for fetching such metadata? If yes consume them, if not develop on your own.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lawrence Waterhouse

I am new for SAP-ERP. And as per my knowledge JCo is not exposing is Object oriented model.

Using JCO I can able to fetch metadata of BAPIs/ RFCs.

I dont know the what are the business objects in backend and what are the relationshilps between them.

If i open BUS1001 object and open in hierarchy view (Data model) it will show arround 20-30 subclasses Which i never heard ....and its not easy to understand ABAP to me.

I am searching this information from last 20-25 day on google. but no luck .

Even i dont know what are the ways from java to fetch data from SAP.

I know only JCO library.

So if someone know this information it will help me a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome Rajendra. Yes, I got your requirement and gave you already the right answer. You need to create an appropriate service on your backend or consume a given one (REST e.g.?), e.g. for providing material information. Use that one in your Java application, thats it. JCo is a technology helping you on connecting to backends, its not providing stack specific functionality as far I know. You need strong ABAP and Java know-how on developing to do this task, if you dont have it: you are the wrong guy for this job. If you are interested in learning: do a search, there are numerous how-to's, documentation on SAP Help etc regarding this topics. Im talking about stuff like:

Creating an Enterprise Java Bean Project for the HelloWorld Web Service - Developing Java EE 5 Appli...

cheers