cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto fill sold-to-party in ITSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, in the ITSM when i create Incident, i want to auto fill sold-to party field, after i choose the author of Incident. Fiiling of the sold-to-party field is based on rellationship between sold-to-party and the author of the incident(for example sold-to-party ->has contact person), how can i do so?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

If you want to auto-populate Sold-To based on the Author (Reported By?), one way is to set up your own partner access sequence to relate one partner function with another. It requires these steps:

1. Make sure the Sold-To partner function is has the Block checkbox checked in partner function configuation.

2. Define your own Access Sequence (CRM->Basic Functions->Partner Processing->Define Access Sequences). We copied sequence AIC2 and modified it to link our Sold-To to our Customer partner:

The above is setting up our Customer partner to be determined based on the assigned Activity Partner (which will be Sold-To). Assign your Access Sequence to your ITSM transaction type under Partner Determination Procedure configuration.

Lastly, go to transaction BP and bring up the Author's business partner. Add a relationship record of type 'Has Activity Partner' and assign the desired default Sold-To business partner. Note this method will require you to maintain relationships for any appropriate author business partners and if this is a large number, this may not be practical.

This should auto-populate the assigned Sold-To BP when you enter the author's BP in Reported By.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

I make sold-to-party auto filling with this option of access sequens:

but it only works when i save the incident, can i make it in the moment when i search and select reported by person?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

That's odd because my related partner function Sold-To populates right away when I enter or select from a search the Customer partner function. I don't have to save the message to get the data to load.

If you want to compare what we've set up, I'd be willing to send you my steps in detail if you send me your email address.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for you help, this is my e-mail

Message was edited by: Caroleigh Deneen, removed email address

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

could you please forward me the document as i struck in same situation and your document will benefit me. thanks.

Message was edited by: Caroleigh Deneen, remove email address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

could you please forward me the document as iam also in same situation and your document will Help better. 

Message was edited by: Caroleigh Deneen, removed email address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S Ahmed and Sandeep,

Email sent to each of you with attached document. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Paul

former_member190736
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos Paiva,

Sure. Email sent with the attached document. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Email sent to you with document attached. Let me know if you have any questions or do not receive the email.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Paul.

I think that all community will be grateful to you if you could make something like a blog post with details about it.

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajneesh,

Email sent with the document.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Artem,

Good idea, should have thought of it myself after so many requests for the document. I've never done a blog post here on SCN but I will give it a try for this.

Kindest regards

Paul

helmut_schrder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helmut,

Document sent to your email address.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

People, stop sending your e-mail addresses. It is against the SCN RoE. If nothing else, the moderators will have to lock this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Kindly share the document I am facing the exact  same issue.

Please please, your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Kindly share I am experiencing similar issue.

Thanks

Maria

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have same requirement for which you have given solution. Unfortunately, your steps not working for me. Can you guide me or let me know the detail steps blog where I can compare my settings..

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I have similar kind of requirement. Can you please share the details ? Let me know any blog where I can get all detailed steps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Here are the steps needed.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Kindest regards

Paul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marlon_frasson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Unlike previous solman versions, Sold-to will not get info from the person responsible.

Sold-to field will auto-complete once you select the configuration item (system ID)

System is vinculated to the BP.

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set this up by using the following steps:

SOLUTION MANAGER system

->IB52

->select the system on left hand side

->click on 'goto' on top menu

->Select 'partner'

->Now maintain Sold-To party

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Have you assigned the sold-to-party and contact person in ibase?