Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure existing PI interface to point to more than 1 System

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a running PI server which connect to an ECC system, now for some reasons there will be another ECC system for the PI to connect to.

So every time there is an interface coming in to PI it will be sent to both ECC systems, and vice versa (2 ECC systems will send to the same PI server, but with the same Business System?)

I've been asked about this scenario for a few times and now I'm really curious if this is possible or is there any workaround for this? And if really the effort worth it? (Because most of the time, having 2 ECC system for PI to connect to is something that is only for temporary).

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

You can very well add multiple Receivers in Receiver Determination condition.

AFAIK - you will need a separate BS for each of your ECC system that you want to connect to (as each BS will point to the specific Technical System)

for some reasons there will be another ECC system for the PI to connect to:

>>> You need to check with your Functional team for this requirement and understand the purpose for doing so and whether its a temp setup.

Regards,

Azhar

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Thank you for the response.

That's quite a good solution. Adding multiple receiver for each ECC system will solve the inbound interfaces, although it could be tedious if we have main inbound to ECC interfaces.

What if this wants to be applied to only the Development environment? This might means every time there is a change in the interface and we need to transport it to the QA environment, we need to remove the second receiver before transporting it, and set it back again after the transport. And since this is for temporary solution, when it is not needed anymore we need to remove all second receiver and the BS as well.

What about for outbound from ECC interfaces? If we need 2 BS for each ECC system, it will be tedious too..

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>What if this wants to be applied to only the Development environment? This might means every time there is a change in the interface and we need to transport it to the QA environment, we need to remove the second receiver before transporting it, and set it back again after the transport

Your assumption is correct. You must remove the second business system as it's only for development environment else it would fail.

>>>What about for outbound from ECC interfaces? If we need 2 BS for each ECC system, it will be tedious too..

Same like other ECC system. You'll have to maintain the IS_URL(sxmb_adm) and configure RFC destinations&partner profiles which will point to PI system.

At least for outbound you don't need to do much as you don't need to transport them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all it is not tedious.

You can do the configuration in receiver determination in your desired environment and when it comes to transport part you can skip the RD part since you don't want to overwirte the changes in QA or Prod. You can always transport those objects where change was done. In worst case scenario you can always change the configuration part directly in any environment. (Basically you always do that when you transport someting into Integration Directory).

Creating a BS is one time activity, so once you are done with that you can do your configuration in PI based on your ECC system which is sending the data to PI. This simply means that you will be creating a new RD, ID, SA, RA.

Regards,

Sarvesh

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ah yes, there are some adapters that do not require sender configuration.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I guess, if we have the resource (people & time) we might consider this solution. If not, maybe we can suggest to have a second PI server instead. This will by chance won't affect the main PI server (which might have been stable), just in case an error was made when creating the additional objects & doing the manual configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what is your company or client's vision but for such small issue building up a new PI server looks weird to me and don't you think that will also require people, time & money.

I might be wrong here since I don't understand the full scope and vision of your project.

Br,

Sarvesh

Answers (0)