cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : java socket timeout exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting java socket timeout exception while running the transaction manually.

Please help me regarding the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

This simply means that the workbench did not get the response from the backend and timed out while waiting for the response. The server is executing the transaction at the backend.

You should check as to why the transaction is taking so much time.

As mentioned by Adarsh you can increase the time out. Also, you might have to increase ICM timeout at server end.

Regards,

Anushree

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manjiri,

I cannot say anything for certain the root cause but here's something you can try...

Its possible that your source response time is greater than that of your workbench timeout, so on the workbench in the Menu bar go to Help --> Settings --> Look for "Connection Timeout" & "Read Timeout" usually by default it will be set to 300 increase it to a reasonable number say 3000.

Now try your transaction with this change and if this works then look for an opportunity to improve the efficiency of your BLS for faster execution times or look for any possible bottlenecks or unnecessary massive data reads.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Adarsh

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

Check if the source system is available or not.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Its available. Other transactions are working fine.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

What Action Block are you executing that gives the Socket timeout error?  What is the NW log error associated with this error?

Regards, Steve