Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Client - Latest Version not available

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've just downloaded the latest version of the SAP Fiori client from the Apple App Store and it is shown there (by Apple) as version 1.1.2. Unfortunately when I install the app on the phone it is showing in the settings as version 1.0.6.

Specifically the feature I am looking to use is the barcode scanning which was introduced in version 1.1. Is this a mistake perhaps with the upload of the app or has the later version been pulled for some reason? perhaps you might have some news on this?

Either way the barcode scanning appears to not function and in fact the app itself looks older as it still does not support the iPhone 6 and 6+ form factor.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brenton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had an issue with 1.1 and rolled-back to 1.06, but unfortunately the version number wasn't updated correctly.  You have the latest version.

The barcode scanning capability is not available in Fiori right now, so it's not currently in the Fiori Client. It will be there in Fiori Client 1.2 which should be available in the next 60 days or so.

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is good to know and thank you for the prompt response John - greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there a native camera support in the current fiori client version 1.0.6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there is not. This capability will be available in SAP Fiori Client 1.2, but Fiori applications will not take advantage of it right away.

Some Fiori apps do make use of the photo selection capabilities avalable in the mobile browser today, so I've been able to select a photo to upload as an attachment in a Fiori app.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member82178
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brenton,

There seems to be some issue with new version 1.1.2.  I have tried to update  from current 1.0.6 version to new version and in App Store in still showing 'Open' instead of 'Update' option.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu Sudhan