Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Material Description into MBBS tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Enhancement+for+adding+material

Dear All,

I have got a requirement to modify and add the Material Description field (MAKTX) against the report coming through MBBS t code.

I got a very good supporting document also for the doing same wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Enhancement+for+adding+material

on this.

My question here is : should I modify the standard report itself. or copy the whole program into a zreport (development) and customize it here.

Please guide me regarding the same.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

would always copy it to your own zreport just to be on the safe side. Otherwise, if customer really insists on using the standard report, then make sure they understand what a modification means. hope this helps.

Br.

tim

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I hope You can add the code in the enhancement point.  In the above link, they have mentioned some code line number at where the enhancement point is available. Please find the same.

My suggestion is to add the code inside implicit enhancement in standard program instead of creating the Z-program separately.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman.