Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change CSR key size?

Former Member

Hi,

I want to generate a CSR for my server.  I have used STRUST to do this. When I sent generated CSR to One of the CA providers, Its giving me the below error:

• Your CSR contains a key size that is no longer considered secure. Security best practices require a minimum key size of 2048 bits. Please submit a new CSR with a minimum 2048 bit key size.

Can somebody tell me how to change the key size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yep, 1024 bits these days is not enough. You should be able to change it to higher number with parameter sec/rsakeylengthdefault. By default it's 1024 which I think it should be increased by SAP.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yep, 1024 bits these days is not enough. You should be able to change it to higher number with parameter sec/rsakeylengthdefault. By default it's 1024 which I think it should be increased by SAP.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the value to 2048, But according to new value when I try to create a new PSE i don't see option of choosing RSA key, SO bydefault it is creating with DSA which maximum key size is 1024.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue is resolved, Thanks.