cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow and SAP UI5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when creating a project with the goal of using SAP UI5 frontend services/ mobile devices to act on workflow tasks (accept/reject of approvals etc.), I need some additional information (hold in 3 tables) out of our database.

Which way is the better one:

a) to define a new service for accessing/showing the data from the database

b) to change/expand the existing WFSERVICE by additional functions

Any comment is welcome.

Best Regards Johann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Johann, If you have future discussions on this topic, I'd suggest you simply raise them in the

space as it's actually a question about how to extend the Fiori application and has no impact on workflow or how the user interface interacts with workflow.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ronen for your comments,

some additional info.s:

As I have understood, the IWWRK/WFSERVICE is the(!) SAP Gateway service, provided by SAP, to use the most common functions of the business workflow.

Anyway there will be the wish of WF-users to get additional data or to use additional functions to those provided by that service.

So what is the trade-off for an extra (= own) Gateway service vs. extension of the SAP provided one?

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Joahnn

To develop an entirely new service just for additional information or functions may be re-inventing the wheel in a different color!

You can try and extend the services using the Fiori Extensibility Options.

The summary can be found at openSAP:

https://open.sap.com/courses/fiori1/items/0XrCo5XcqN32eoRc1VBr4i

Also, there is a BADI to get the additional data for the display in Fiori  - /IWPGW/ES_TGW_TASK_DATA

Though I have not done it myself yet, but it can be tried.

Regards,

Modak

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you referring to FIORI or are you trying to create a new application? because the regular FIORI approve request app shows the data from the workitem, to show more data simply add it to the task description and it will be added to the data shown in the app as well.

What other function do you want to add?