cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created  dashboard with around 120 web service connections, and i have combo box contains list of 19 company , so when the user select the company the dashboard will run 6 web services connections because every company have 6 connections and i make the update when the value become the name of company that select from the list, my problem is some times some companies not working fine and some times for the same company if we said we have 6 connection for each company maybe 4 connection work and the other 2 not work, and if i leave the dashboard for 2 hours for example and open it again the connection works without any problems , so what's the issue ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yea i make the refresh on trigger and i checked before the uploading by link spreadsheet table with the cells that the web service upload the data on it , but the problem that the web service sometimes upload the data without any problem and sometimes no and if i make import on the web service connection it's work may be for 1 day then it's back again and no data uploaded !! so the problem exactly is why it's not stable some times work some times no !!!

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

In order to investigate further, we would need to get Fiddler (or Httpwatch) logs for the working and the non-working scenario.

Regards,

jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all for the reply, i know it's too much to put 120 connection in single dashboard , but as i said only 6 connections run at the same time and i can't make it in single connection because each company have independent database, and regarding to the browser, i use the flash player not internet browser , and i tried to put refresh button to refresh the connection when i select the company but the problem the refreshing is not give me result when i make it automatic but if i click by the mouse on the button it's give me the result, so why this issue also ??

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fawzi,

If you have set the refresh on trigger, please ensure the trigger cell is correctly updated.

You can display the trigger cell using a label text on the canvas and preview the dashboard in order to confirm if the trigger cell is updated during user interaction.

Regards,

Jenni

amit_mathur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Arijit, 120 connection is not a good design. However if you say only 6 connections are refreshing at a time, then I would say it's pretty ok. So, if you say sometime the connections are working and sometimes, its failing it clearly says the issue is with connections may be network or browsers.

Please be aware, if you are using IE, it would send 4-6 concurrent http request at a time. So I would start with testing this with other browser. Then, may be change the IE setting to allow more than 6 connection to refresh at a time(IE9 onwards and might need to change registry setting. Exact details can be found on Google).

Also, it would be worth to review the design and see if these connection refresh are interdependent and might be providing inputs to other query when refresh.

Regards,

Amit

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having 120 connections in a single dashboard is not a good design. Isn't it possible to use a single connection for all companies ?