cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display "report header" on the last subreport page when there is no details on it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm searching for a way to display the content of the fake page header on the last page of the subreport even when there is no details on it.

Here is the structure of my subreport (the subreport is mandatory in that case because it's used by another program for selection). The main report is, itself, not relevant because it only contains the subreport in the Details Section.

Report Header a

Report Header b

Group Header #1 (work as fake page header)

Group Header #2a

Group Header #2b

Group Header #3a

Group Header #3b

Group Header #4a

Group Header #4b

Details a

Details b

Group Footer #2a

Group Footer #2b

Group Footer #2c

Group Footer #2d

Group Footer #2e

Report Footer a

Report Footer b

Report Footer c

Report Footer d

Report Footer e

So, when the details section is on several pages, there is no problem, the fake header fills his role and is displayed on every page but, that's the reason why i'm searching for a solution, when the details section stops on a page, but the footers (with keep together enabled) are sent to the next page, then the fake header is not displayed on that page.

The solutions I've tried so far are :

• Detect the last page that contains details, then display a new footer section with the correct content on the last page (which doesn't contain details), but the new content is then added at the bottom on the page
  • Detect the last page that contains details, then display the content in the Group Footer #1 with conditional suppress and force to go on a new page if the total page count is higher than the number of the page that contains details. It displays the content at the right location (on top of page) but it goes on a new page every time, it seems that the field TotalPageCount is always higher that the last page containing details. Here is the formula I used (if PageofLastField contains the number of the last page that contains details) on New Page Before

Shared NumberVar PageofLastField;

TotalPageCount > PageofLastField

For the record, I'm using Crystal Report 2008 SP3 (required by my company for compatibility purpose).

Is someone of you has a solution for this ?

Many thanks for your help,

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please have a look at this thread for a few workarounds:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3392654

-Abhilash

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's another wokaround:

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links, I'll look at them and keep you updated.

Kind Regards,

Kevin