cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get the trip in create new travel expense report when ever there are self approval cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am facing an issue in  getting the concerned trip in Create new expense report.

I am getting the problem only in case of Self approvals. For the remianing employees it is working fine.

We are doing all the activities with ESS and MSS functionalities.

Kindly advice me to get the particular Self approved trip number in create new expense report.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sairam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sairam,

Please let us know what error exactly you are facing.

Regards,

Sumti Bhadani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumathi,

Thanks for the reply.

Employee raised the trave request via ESS portal.

After his trip completion, he wants to enter the expenses incurred by him in the duration of the trip. Here Employee to see the particular trip, which he has been travelled.

This problem is poping only when the Travel requestor is having authority of self approval.

Kindly advice me to get the particular Self approved trip number in create new expense report.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sairam.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sairam,

sorry but I can hardly understand what you want. Can you elaborate more in detail and maybe with screenshots to explain what exactly your problem is? Please also write down what System you are on and what Frontend UI you are using, otherwise it's a guessing game.

I understood you somehow have problems defining which Trip number to use for the travel expense claim but technically this problem can never occur (??). Please elaborate.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

Thanks for the reply. I can eloborate the issue.

One of the employee who is having Self approval authority raised the travel request.

By Manager self services, the employee self approved the Travel request.

This employee can see the particular trip number in All my Travel requests with processing status  as Approved and Approval statatus as Request Approved.

Here now the particular employee wants to enter the details of expenses in Create new expenses report tab. Upon clicking the button Create new expenses report the particular Trip number is not showing up. In Availble Travel requests/plans, the particular trip number is not showing up.

We are using ECC6 and EHP3.0.Hope you understand the scenario.Please advice.

Regards,

Sairam.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sairam,

thanks, I think I now understand the problem, i.e. the self-approved request does not appear in FITE_VC_PRESELECTION so it's not possible to choose the trip object as basis for the expense claim (I hope I understood this correctly).

This can have multiple root causes but since you say this only happens for employees who have the permission for self-approval my best guess would be the authority AUTHF W21 AUTHS 3* might be missing. That's just one possible cause, though. It is also possible that the date is not within the election range of the preselection table or that the trip's status does not qualify to be shwon in the list, etc.

I would recommend you to externally debug the assistance class CL_FITV_ASSISTANCE of WDYN Comp FITE_VC_PRESELECTION, Method GET_TRIPS. A bit deeper in the callstack it will call FM

PTRA_UTIL_TRIPS_GET_LIST where the list is built and you will be able to actually see why your self-approved trip is excluded from the list. Without debugging all you can do is take guesses.

Cheers, Lukas