cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double TDS deduction while posting FPO through MRIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

every month on month basis we are processing Rent and Mentenence payment through FPO (Fremwork PO). rent and mentenence applicable diffrent WHT rate i.e. 10% and 2% respectively. but while posting Posting FPO through Tcode MRIS, Double TDS is getting deducted (attached Screenshot of posting). we tried consider one WHT Tax code at a time but not able to Specify.

10% and 2% WHT code is updated at vendor master level and we are not able to specify while posting FPO. is there any other way we can avoid this ?

Best Regards,

Vijay S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Since the same vendor needs to be paid for both rent and maintenance, you will need to maintain the with holding tax type for both rent and maintenance in the vendor master and the same will get copied in AP Invoice as well. However, if the invoices are seperate for both rent and maintenance, you may write a substitution rule to populate the tax code accordingly based on the GL Account used. I am sure you have separate GL for both rent and maintenance. You will have to use an user exit for substitution to achieve this.

The below link will help you for writing substitution using user exit.

Creating user exits for substitutions - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

You may also have to release field BSEG-QSSKZ for substitution class 9 from Table GB01 for this to work.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanil !

missed to mention, this single FPO with 2 lines i.e. rent and maintaince. if we create 2 seprate FPO with individual WHT Tax code, will that serve purpose ? can we so some addition to this ? i tried this, but again it is Double deduction.

i mean above solution is standerd and this will definitly sort out issue but thought we can do workaround by creating 2 seprate FPO's

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Better to create two separate POs for each service.

Regards,

Mukthar

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Even if you create seperate PO, still the invoice processing will carry both the with holding tax type and codes.

I would create a separate PO for both and would still create a substitution rule to populate the with holding tax code based on the nature of invoice. Creating a separate PO will ensure that I have a unique GL Account based on which with holding tax code can be filled in.

If you do not want to use a substitution rule, please process invoice using MIRO manually and under the with holding tax code which is relevant for that invoice and remove the other tax code. If you are going for a manual tax code, than allow with holding tax base amount to be specified manually in your with holding tax type configuration. Than you can specify the amounts manually on which the with holding tax must be calculated by the system and it will work accordingly.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems there is not alternative to create Substitute Rule. processing invoice through MIRO or FV60 will increse manual intervention and dependancy(FI coding and Cost center approval). also rent paid on basis of agreement so there is no invoice for this.

Same vendor give 4 seprate invoices for Maintenence, rent, Electicity and Housekeeping. we process FPO for first 2 and Elec., House keeping K invoices booked through FV60

Muktar and Sanil, thanks for your valuable feedback !

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Does the vendor provide services only for rent or maintenance  or both services? Please confirm. If they provide only one service then you have to assign respective with holding tax code in the vendor master.

Regards,

Mukthar